View Full Version : How useful is a Recovery Machine to you?

ChironTech
22-10-2008, 04:44 AM
Hi guys,

wondering if the recovery machines that you guys bought are very very useful that you can't live without.

I'm task to handle the Company's Equipment which has compressors running. I have little knowledge so I'm going for a short course. In the meantime I'm told to get some basic tools and equipments. I'm really nervous cuz I have no idea on what to get other than manifold gauge.

my equipments are shipped overseas so i need to have portable equipments. so i need your valuable advices on what i should get for my overseas servicing. thank you so much guys!

Regards,
Rizal

Don78
22-10-2008, 02:28 PM
recovery machine, recovery bottle, refrigerant scale, vacuum pump. all a must have.
what type of equipment r u working on?

TRASH101
22-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Everything Don 78 lists is ESSENTIAL the short course needs to be a long course because you will be working on equipment that could kill you (or others) in a variety of ways.:eek:

But apart from all that, refrigeration is a wonderful and absorbing career and good for you if you go for it. :cool:

ChironTech
25-10-2008, 05:32 AM
Hi guys,

thanks for the replies. I'm working on Copeland Cascade System, totally a new system to me as I've used to work on small compressors for fridge and freezers during my time with KFC.

I've already placed my orders for my equipments but my course will only start in Jan 09.:confused:

I have some questions on Recovery Machines.

Can we use them to evacuate the refigerant, like what vacuum pumps do, thus eliminating the need to bring along vacuum pumps?
Can recovery machines tops up oil while the compressor is stil running?
Do you change the air filter everytime the refrigerant is added?

Hope to seek your kind guidance as I slowly learn this art of cooling. Guess my mum and dad would be happy to know that I can repair their fridge. :D

Peter_1
25-10-2008, 07:39 PM
..I'm working on Copeland Cascade System, ....

Can we use them to evacuate the refigerant, like what vacuum pumps do, thus eliminating the need to bring along vacuum pumps?
Can recovery machines tops up oil while the compressor is stil running?
Do you change the air filter everytime the refrigerant is added?

Hope to seek your kind guidance as I slowly learn this art of cooling. Guess my mum and dad would be happy to know that I can repair their fridge. :D

Cascade is not easy and needs special attention to drying the system.

You can not vacuum with a recovery unit and certainly not for cascade systems.

Why you need to top of oil? Anyway, you can't do it with a recovery unit. A recovery unit is only for recovering.

Where do you have an air-filter in a refrigeration system?

Brian_UK
25-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Vacuum pumps are not used to evacuate refrigerant, that is what the recovery machine is for.

Yes, fit a new filter/drier to your recovery machine when you use it.