fan motor locks on sub indoor unit
outdoor continues operation
main indoor unit continues operation
indoor model:rav-sm802krt-e
outdoor model:rav-sm1402at-e
what i did:
checked voltage btwn 1-2 on indoor units-220v
checked for mis-wiring -ok
checked shielded 2 core comms cable btwn main indoor unit and sub unit for continuity- ok
Also the indoor unit on which 3 is not connected is one reactin to wireless remote control ?????

narkom
18-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Check this service manual
http://www.mediafire.com/?j0u01tmg21i

Davey 2 Pints
20-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Bongoman
All questions at the moment I'm afriad,
Is this a new installation or has a PCB been replaced recently,
If its either of these is you will need to use the hardwired controller to correct the problem

if its either of these is you will need to use the hardwired controller to correct the problem

bangoman
21-10-2008, 05:12 PM
its a new install ,bt I hear the inddor pcb sub unit
was tenpered with wen being used to test another unit ,

Davey 2 Pints
23-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Bangoman

Hook up a standard toshiba hardwired controller temporarily, you will find the addressing is the problem, if you press the unit button on this controller the indoor unit number(the info in the centre of the lcd display)should read 1-1 press again and it should read 1-2, you will probably find it reads 1-1 and 2-1.

Before you carry out a full reset make sure your wiring is correct, both indoor units linked across the A&B terminals, on 2nd indoor unit number 3 terminal should be left empty.

I you ring Tosh tech they will talk you through a master reset, i've had to do it loads of times when we first started installing Tosh gear not knowing number 3 terminal had to be left out on twin splits.

The basics of this master reset is entering into the config menu pressing test,set and cl for 5seconds, changing config codes 12,13&14 back to 0099 on each indoor unit, then pressing test button. once the system is addressed the controller can be removed. Bobs your uncle and all that!

J0SHUA
31-10-2008, 12:29 PM
indoor model:rav-sm802krt-e
outdoor model:rav-sm1402at-e

Curious to know why have you paired a 7kw indoor with a 13kw condenser...

bangoman
31-10-2008, 02:21 PM
hi mate the prob is on the sub unit meaning there is a main unit ,which is of similar capacity.One outdoor unit runs two indoor units

bangoman
31-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Davey cld nt get the hard wired remote bt changed the main indoor unit pc board and prob solved .thanxs mate