PDA

View Full Version : Help...

Matty
17-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Hi guys,

I've not posted for a while but see your all still as helpful as ever...hope you can give me some hints and tips.....I've been installing small domestic to vrv/f/vam units etc air con systems now for 18 months...and am currently doing my NVQII...I'm moving into a new role as 'trainee' (on my own) service engineer on monday and want to be more than a 'filter basher' ! so any tips/short cuts/hints however quirky/big or small would be greatly recieved as I'm ****ting myself !!!

TA

Latte
17-10-2008, 01:18 AM
Matty.

Before you go out make sure you have :-

1) Fault code lists for as many makes as poossible
2) RAC yearbook or some other list of all the technical helplines

Next, Dont panic, everyone starts somewhere. dont dive straight in when you get to a jobm stand back and 95% of the time it will be simple. You dont say exactly what you are doing but assuming you are staying mostly on a/c. Most of your jobs will probably be dirty filters (Most popular call) Dirty condensers (Summer obviously), Gas Leaks (Normally poor suction flares) and condensate pumps.
That will cover 95% of youre jobs. The others will be a mixture of pot failures, pcbs and kids switching outdoor units off.

Good Luck out there and never be afraid to phone either another engineer or a technical department for advice. Remember if it can wait overnight there is plenty of help available on here (Thanks Frank)

Latte

Matty
18-10-2008, 12:26 AM
Matty.

Before you go out make sure you have :-

1) Fault code lists for as many makes as poossible
2) RAC yearbook or some other list of all the technical helplines

Next, Dont panic, everyone starts somewhere. dont dive straight in when you get to a jobm stand back and 95% of the time it will be simple. You dont say exactly what you are doing but assuming you are staying mostly on a/c. Most of your jobs will probably be dirty filters (Most popular call) Dirty condensers (Summer obviously), Gas Leaks (Normally poor suction flares) and condensate pumps.
That will cover 95% of youre jobs. The others will be a mixture of pot failures, pcbs and kids switching outdoor units off.

Good Luck out there and never be afraid to phone either another engineer or a technical department for advice. Remember if it can wait overnight there is plenty of help available on here (Thanks Frank)

Latte
Thanks a lot mate, Nice one.