PDA

View Full Version : toshiba r407c

philjd26
15-10-2008, 03:57 PM
hi
have problem with a tosh supermulti flex with 3 vrf connected to an AI central control, the thing is every couple of weeks i get a call regarding a particular system, the 3 units connectd to the outdoor seem to turn themselves off when i try to turn on...no fault codes are displayed on the control(not that i know of) and i have checked the condenser data retrival segiments,which have nothing on there....when i isolate power and turn back on again the system runs fine..

eny ideas? rgds phil

BritCit_Juve
16-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Sorry phil no answers just questions....
When the system switches off do you have any display on the units (flashing leds on the main control card in each indoor unit).
Do the units have an IT2 interface or is there a condensate pump wired into the control wiring?
Is there a loose wire between the outdoor unit, multicontroller or indoor unit.
Do the units have a local remote control?
Brit

philjd26
17-10-2008, 06:38 PM
hi
no condensate pump, not t2 cards, connectionns ok didnt have a look at indoor card but will do next time(month)....no local control to check malfunction...its all wired to central contol...might nick 1 from another job to see if i get any joy from that...

rgrds phil

Davey 2 Pints
20-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi
sounds to me like the system is locking out on a fault as when you reset the power the machine springs back into action.
To retrieve faultcodes from indoors you need to interagate the central/local controller, you do that by pressing and holding the CHECK button on the central/local controller until the display changes, the display then changes to the faultcode.
This faultcode may point you to a fault on the outdoor machine, to retrieve faultcodes from the outdoor machine the 7 segment LED's are used on the large interface board, this can be very difficult to read in daylight, if you place the rotary switches on the interface board so Switch 1 is in position 4 and Switch 2 is in position 0 you will have a display on these LED's,(If you role up a magazine like a telescope, place one of the open ends over the LED displays and look down the other open end the display is much easier to read, a great tip for everyone!), once you become familiar with what you need to do to read the display change rotary dials SW1 to position 2 SW2 position 0 condenser, this display will be the faultcode, remember do not turn off the power supply until you have retrieved the faultcode as killing the power clears the code.
Them machines give faultcodes for nearly every type of failure so there will be a fault generated, even if the machine aint working as you describe it will throw up a 09 faultcode on central/local controllers.
I have spent many an hour working on this kit and speaking to Tosh Tech, the faultcodes then give you a direction to go in, they are quite easy to work with when your a bit more familiar with them. wouldnt want to do a compressor change on it though, ones enough for my career!!!!!!

vintageibiza
21-10-2008, 07:56 PM
All fault codes are on this site and more

ampair.co.uk