PDA

View Full Version : Help with project on PLC's

stonecold1
08-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi,
I'm studying at the moment to be a refrigeration engineer and I've picked a project to do on PLC's as I haven't alot of knowledge with them and would like to learn more in that area.
If anybody has any ideas on anything in particular I should focus on or any useful information about certain types, I would greatly appreciate your help.
Thanks.

Brian_UK
08-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I don't deal with PLCs myself but know that Mitsi have a good name for them.

Perhaps have a look there..

http://www.mitsubishi-automation.com/products/modularplc_content.html

PaulZ
09-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi stonecold
You could also have a look at Allen Bradley's website you could find what you are looking for there.
Paul

ecclesk
10-10-2008, 01:36 PM
the mitsi bible

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=2604159

stonecold1
06-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Sorry about the delay, haven't got the hang of this yet. Ye're information helped me greatfully

Electrocoolman
06-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Hi stonecold,
I've played with products from CROUZET (Millenium II and 3). Similar is SCHNEIDER's ZELIO.
Both these units are similar, however I'm more au fait with the Crouzet units.
One thing to consider is the price of the programming software....the Crouzet is about 10 pound and I think you can download the Zeliosoft free from the Schneider website.
You can programme these in either LADDER logic or FUNCTION BLOCK DIAGRAM which I find more intuitive.

Both allow you to simulate operation on your PC without a PLC. If you were going to buy one, its best to get a development package, which includes a PLC, software and most importantly a programming cable (which is expensive to buy on its own).
The crouzet does Analog inputs on its 24vDC range (don't know about Zelio).
You can get expandable units which allow you to add extra modules (more I/O) or temperature modules and ethernet or modbus comms.
I've found these good units to start with.

PM me if I can be of further help.

boh
16-11-2008, 12:02 AM
hi mate .
i am studying as well to be enginner ..
to be honest with u ,, i do not have enough informatin about PLS'c but i have some genarel idea .. u can find that out in the following wards ..

Programmable logic control

FX1S series ‘Maximum power in a tiny package’

The controllers of the FX1S series deliver outstanding functionality with up to 30 inputs and outputs in a very compact package. The FX1S is ideal for applications in difficult-to-access installations and systems where normal servicing is not possible. The integrated real-time clock and maintenance-free EEPROM with capacity for up to 2,000 program steps make the FX1S an autonomous and very service-friendly system.
FX1S series highlights:
· 10 to 30 inputs and outputs
· High processing speed (0.55µs per log. instruction)
· Ample program storage space and large device ranges · Integrated positioning controller
· Serial communications options (RS-232, RD-422, RS-485)
· Analog signal processing with optional expansion adapters
· Integrated real-time clock
· User-friendly programming with MS Windows-based programming software package or hand-held programming unit
· Expandable with adapters or display modules

i hope to help u even a littel bit .. good luck