PDA

View Full Version : What is this evacuation unit worth?

TygerTung
06-10-2008, 10:07 AM
G'day guys,

I have got this evacuation unit off my friend to sell, (I think that it what it is called) and was wondering what it was worth.

I have put it on for $1000 NZD just as a starting point as I don't really know what it's worth, but if somone could give me a rough idea that would be great.

Here is a link to the auction which has a a couple of pictures and some information which I got off the unit.

Hmm, damn thing won't let me post a URL as I havn't done many posts. Well if you look up trademe in google and go into it then put the auction number 181097721 in the search box it will come up.

My mate brought a bulk load of various equipment so I'm just selling this for him, don't need to get top dollar for it, just need to get rid of it really.

taz24
06-10-2008, 11:22 AM
G'day guys,

I have got this evacuation unit off my friend to sell, (I think that it what it is called) and was wondering what it was worth.

I have put it on for $1000 NZD just as a starting point as I don't really know what it's worth, but if somone could give me a rough idea that would be great.

Here is a link to the auction which has a a couple of pictures and some information which I got off the unit.

Hmm, damn thing won't let me post a URL as I havn't done many posts. Well if you look up trademe in google and go into it then put the auction number 181097721 in the search box it will come up.

My mate brought a bulk load of various equipment so I'm just selling this for him, don't need to get top dollar for it, just need to get rid of it really.

Hello mate.

In the Uk 1000NZ dollars is worth about £375 at the moment.
I have had a look at that unit and we have simmilar units in the UK from the 1990's. You can buy a brand new unit of different makes for between about £600 UK to a £1000 UK.

I'm not sure I would pay any more than what you are asking for the unit. In my opinion it is worth at the most the 1000NZ dollars so I don't think you will advance from that figure very much.
My opinion and based only on what is available in the UK:).

All the best taz.

TygerTung
06-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Oh yes, well in that case I think I'll just leave it at the price it is for a wee while and if noone bids maybe reduce the price to $600 or $800.

What exactly could I do with this evacuation unit?

Brian_UK
06-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi TT, the unit is designed to recover refrigerant from systems and pump it into a gas cylinder.

To be honest and UK based I would hesitate at buying it nowadays.

The range of gases that it will pump restricts it usefullness so as Taz has said, the value of 1000NZD is probably at the high end.

Good luck with it though.

TygerTung
07-10-2008, 06:47 PM
With this unit can you recover refrigerant from gas cylinder and pump it into a system?

I see it is only 'approved' for certain types of refrigerants, but could you use it on other types anyway?

Brian_UK
07-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Oh yes, it will pump from wherever you want.

The restriction on refrigerant type is normally due to the type of compressor fitted and the oil it has in it as some oil/refrigerant mixtures are not suitable for each other.

TygerTung
09-10-2008, 08:11 PM
So say for example I had a car, but the air conditioning didn't work, and I had an old busted fridge which still had the refrigerant still in it, I could suck the refrigerant out of the fridge and put it in the car using this unit?

Brian_UK
09-10-2008, 08:37 PM
OH yes, mind you it would help if it was the same type of gas ;)

Also, you need to take care that the old gas that you suck out is not contaminated before you put it into something else.

TRASH101
09-10-2008, 08:53 PM
OH yes, mind .....

Oh yes, it ......

Brian I`m sorry to say that you have been adversely affected by an insurance companies advertisements.

You must avoid watching television channels funded by advertisers for a week or you may develop over-sized jowls, enlarged canine teeth and an obsession with sausages.

Brian_UK
09-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Well spotted Trash :D:D

I admit that I tend to get stuck with a set of phrases sometimes but try and keep them in separate sentences.

Mind you TygerTung started it in post #3 so I must have gone into lazy copy mode:p

TygerTung
09-10-2008, 10:41 PM
I must say, I don't really understand what you guys are on about, maybe it is just a UK thing, something you don't get down under

Brian_UK
09-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Sorry TT,

You Tube link here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?um=1&ie=UTF-8&v=tB8r6JefDhI&q=churchill+dog&rlz=&sa=X&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.co.uk%2Fvideosearch%3Fsource%3Dig