PDA

View Full Version : Daikin G series LO fault

Tim_l
23-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Hi all, i have a daikin g series vrv with an LO fault. It is a new code for me and i did not have much luck this afternoon on initial visit to site. I got as far as checking the contactors and resistors which seem ok but a bit stuck where to go from here.

Any help much appreciated.

frank
23-09-2008, 09:01 PM
LO fault on G Series

- Inverter trip (Protection device Activate)

-Transmission error between outdoor PCB and Inverter PCB

- Magnetic Switch (52C1) Malfunction

- Inverter PCB Defect

- Inverter Power Unit Malfunction

- Outdoor PCB Defect

I tried to scan the logic table but the MFC-425N is out of ink so it won't let me.

Plenty to go at though :D

The Viking
23-09-2008, 10:10 PM
If you go to my website, you will find the G-series service manual available for download.

troy
26-11-2008, 07:13 AM
check contactor coils for resistance have had 2 units do this i think the fault was Lo was a long time ago.

Obi Wan
30-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Hi all, i have a daikin g series vrv with an LO fault. It is a new code for me and i did not have much luck this afternoon on initial visit to site. I got as far as checking the contactors and resistors which seem ok but a bit stuck where to go from here.

Any help much appreciated.

Tim I

In the most simple terms its either the compressor or the inverter at fault.
The simplest thing to do is to disconnect the inverter compressor cable and reset the faults. Start up the units and see if the fault returns. If yes then it’s with the inverter. If not then you need to check the compressor.

If the fault return without the compressor connected, check the ceramic resistors R1,R2 and R3 they may be open circuit. This will trip the outdoor unit with the L0 fault code.

It the resistors are open circuit then you lost one phase from your power supply while the inverter compressor was running.

Obi wan