PDA

View Full Version : SUPCO Logit temperature datalogger cable missing

coldkeeper1
14-09-2008, 01:47 PM
The other day I found at a patio sale a nice SUPCO LOGIT LTH datalogger. According to the specifications found at SUPCO´s website, the unit is a very complete and reliable tool. The only problem I have is that the interface cable that goes between the logger and the computer which is used to program the logger and retrieve the data is missing, and there are no SUPCO distributors nearby. Any idea on how to make this communication cable? From what I could read in the manufacturer´s website, there is a 6-pin modular jack (RJ-11 ?) in the logger that must be connected to a 9-pin serial port in the PC. Any advice appreciated.

750 Valve
19-09-2008, 03:05 PM
you need a "pinout" diagram of the Supco 6 pin jack, then you can compare it to a standard 9 pin serial standard pinout and make your own cable

chabby
25-09-2008, 08:11 PM
I have a temp logger, on one side is a 4 pin flat jack and the other end is a computer interface jack.. If you need a pic I can send it ..

coldkeeper1
27-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Chabby:
I´ll be glad to get a picture of this device, since I guess I might have to make the interface myself, as suggested by 750 Valve. Thank you.