PDA

View Full Version : Oil Identification

NH3LVR
06-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Being a Industrial Guy for the most part I need a bit of help from the Commercial Folks once in awhile.
I have a Falling Film Chiller that has been having problems as of late (Chester Jensen). I have discovered that the Hot Gas Bypass valve is the problem. Simple enough.
The Copeland Compressor (15HP R22) was changed a few years ago. I looked up the model and it was originally for another refrigerant, but usable with R22. It may well have come with POE oil. I suspect the Contractor drained the POE and replaced it with Alkybenzene or Mineral oil.
My question is how can I tell which is in the Compressor now?

nike123
06-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Being a Industrial Guy for the most part I need a bit of help from the Commercial Folks once in awhile.
I have a Falling Film Chiller that has been having problems as of late (Chester Jensen). I have discovered that the Hot Gas Bypass valve is the problem. Simple enough.
The Copeland Compressor (15HP R22) was changed a few years ago. I looked up the model and it was originally for another refrigerant, but usable with R22. It may well have come with POE oil. I suspect the Contractor drained the POE and replaced it with Alkybenzene or Mineral oil.
My question is how can I tell which is in the Compressor now?

http://rectorseal.com/index.php?site_id=1&product_id=24