PDA

View Full Version : Samsung American Fridge Freezer

PLASTICHAMMER
06-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi I Need Some Help With My American Fridge Freezer

Although Its Still Under Warranty I Would Like To Try And Fix It Myself

There Is A Problem With The Freezer Part In That The Temperature Gauge Keeps Flashing And Temperature Keeps Dropping

For No Apparent Reason I Just Filled Up Feezer With Food Is There A Chance I Have Blocked Something When Filling The Freezer

paul_h
06-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Most likely fault is a defrost system or fan fault when the temp flashes.
Search the domestic section for samsung, heaps of results for previous posts.
It will need parts, and if it's under warranty, there's no point in paying for it yourself.
Turn the mains off for a while as it might be frosted up a bit.
Then after that first defrost, it might run for a day until it faults out again if it's a defrost fault. In which case you'll have to switch the mains of once per day until a service man gets there.

PLASTICHAMMER
06-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Thanks For Your Help

If You Want Any Painting Decor Tips Just Ask

tonto33
06-09-2008, 03:58 PM
you will need defrost sensor kit

paul_h
06-09-2008, 05:17 PM
More than likely if it's flashing the temp, that indicates a 240v system failure, not a sensor fault.
The lack of a circuit through the 240v path, ie open circuit thermal fuse or heater, is what causes the system to go screwy and flash the display.
I've also seen a faulty evap fan and an iced up evap fan do the same.
Normally sensor faults don't make the system do the flashing fault. Sensor fault = 'no problem, the coil just doesn't need defrosting because it's reading it's at 4*C' so there's no fault shown in a minor sensor fault which causes the evap to eventually ice up. The segment display fault can happen for an open/short circuit, but that's a different display.
However no path for current through thermal fuse and heater = temp flash when it tried to defrost as the control system stuffs up.
edit: but that's another thing to check plastichammer, when you turn the power off and back on, look to se if you have a single element in the display flashing, which is a fault code. If normal temperature figures are showing up, you definitely have a thermal fuse, heater problem, or still could have an iced up fan (possible if it was really noisy before it stopped cooling only)