PDA

View Full Version : Compressor Tripping Breaker

daddyg13g
04-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Residential Split System, Tripping The Breaker With A Dead Short.

The Viking
04-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Ok??

icecube51
04-09-2008, 06:30 PM
if i understand it correctly,you love to see sparkles ??

Ice

Grizzly
04-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi dadyg.
I think what the guys are implying is that yours is a pretty basic question for a chief engineer.
Simply put if the breaker is tripping either something within the circuit it supplies has shorted out.
Or the breaker itself is tired and needs replacement.
A common component that fails is any solenoid coils.
But in fairness it could be any no of components.
If you cant yourself get your sparks to check it out!
Grizzly

wambat
04-09-2008, 07:08 PM
OK I'll take a guess. Grounded compressor?

Grizzly
04-09-2008, 07:31 PM
OK I'll take a guess. Grounded compressor?
I agree wambat, but I decided to stop at my first few options.
Otherwise the list could go on and on. It really depends what is protected by the faulty circuit, but hopefully daddyg will get the general idea. Of where we are going with this one?
Grizzly

wambat
04-09-2008, 08:25 PM
In many cases it seems that all we can do is speculate on the why , because of the lack of imormation given.

Grizzly
04-09-2008, 10:04 PM
In many cases it seems that all we can do is speculate on the why , because of the lack of information given.

OH! SO TRUE!
Or when you help someone ....
They never even bother to say thank you or update us!!!!

But hey there are still the few that make it all worth while.

Have a great day, many thanks Grizzly.

Brian_UK
04-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Residential Split System, Tripping The Breaker With A Dead Short.
Another great deal from eBay.:p

Sorry, just felt the need. :)

How on earth is anyone supposed to know what is wanted when a short statement such as this is posted :mad:

Gary
05-09-2008, 01:48 AM
If the implied question is, "Why is the breaker tripping?, then the obvious answer is , "Because of the dead short".

Or perhaps you have another question in mind? We can't read your mind. If you want answers, you need to ask questions.

FEISTY
05-09-2008, 03:18 AM
I know it's late but hope everyone out there had a safe and relaxing Labor Day holiday. Thought you might enjoy this short story. Received a late night cell phone call from " customer-owner " who left following message. " I have smoke, sparks and stinky smell from top of cooler. Looks like it is from black box next to big round black machine. What should I do? Maybe you might want to come in and turn it off. Regular bartender is off and I don't know what to do. Thanks and have a good night. Guys...I swear on a stack of bibles ...where do they come from??? Feisty

icecube51
06-09-2008, 08:58 PM
i would answer him that if there is a stinky smell,and smoke and sparkles he don't need to do anything anymore.its already done. in Belgium we say " if the cow calf is drowned , don't save it , but buried it" :D

Ice :cool:

wambat
06-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Where else can we have so many chuckles and fun:)