PDA

View Full Version : Lg Air Con Discharge Icing

sork
28-08-2008, 01:31 PM
hi lads i istalled a S36 LG wall mount unit 2-years ago, the distance between indoor and outdoor is 3-meter. recently customer complaint about leackage of water from the cooler, i checked the drain , was ok, but i noticed the discharge line is icing up immidiatly, and suction side after few hours ices up.

i think the sysytem is overcharged. it is running on r 407c refrigerant.

any comment will be appriciated, also at 20 degree c ambient, what will be the presure on the gauge for r 407c?

ewgeny
28-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Add some Ref. I think it's ice becase low pressure is too low (below 4 bar) and thats why its freezing.

paul_h
28-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Do you mean the 'liquid line' coming out from the outdoor unit?
If so, it's short of refrigerant.
edit: It's pre-expansion of refrigerant because the flow control (tx, capillary/eev) is being fed vapour instead of liquid), so you get frosting/icing out of the outdoor unit.
That causes the evap to ice up, eventually leading to the suction icing up after the whole evap is iced up.

sork
28-08-2008, 03:56 PM
hi paul thank you i thought exactly opposite, suction pressure being normal , i thought unit is overcharged??? therefore evaporator being iced.

sork
28-08-2008, 04:02 PM
this is a puzzle!!!!!

paul_h
28-08-2008, 04:09 PM
No it's not :D
Overcharging is not going to cause the 'liquid line' to ice up, also it's not going to become suddenly "overcharged" two years after install.
If you installed it and didn't add extra refrigerant, and no one else has played with it, being overcharged seems unlikely.
But you've checked all the other causes (fan, filters, pressures), so it's undercharged, or has a faulty flow control/restriction.
edit: Reclaim and weigh. If charge is wrong, you have a leak. If charge is right, you may have a problem with the strainer/capilary/eev/4 way valve etc.

icecube51
28-08-2008, 06:53 PM
check the gauzes first, for R407 it has to be 3.7 or 4Bar and a ambient Temp of 20C°. in that case check the high pres and you need between 22 and 26Bar. take time to look for the superheat. it has to be between 6K and 8K (kelvin).

if not than there could be a problem whit the automatic expansion valve or capillary. a drop of water could do the trick. it stays as long as possible frozen somewhere and then starts to travel, it arrives at the cap tube or AEV and the trouble begins.
they stop the systems completely for a week, calling and arguing around, then they start it, and everything is fine, for a month, and th s***t starts all over again.

good luck M8,

Ice

eggs
28-08-2008, 11:38 PM
discharge line is icing up

Theres your problem, Yell dot com, air conditioning services , there's your answer.

eggs

sork
30-08-2008, 04:10 PM
hi sorry paul and so sorry to icecube 51 , i made a mistake the LG 36S is running on R410A, so sorry. i visit the unit last night, the discharge was frosty (icedup) and suction line was sweting. i still need to know the exact pressure on suction and discharge line at the ambient of 20 degree c. thanks a lot mates

taz24
30-08-2008, 09:41 PM
hi sorry paul and so sorry to icecube 51 , i made a mistake the LG 36S is running on R410A, so sorry. i visit the unit last night, the discharge was frosty (icedup) and suction line was sweting. i still need to know the exact pressure on suction and discharge line at the ambient of 20 degree c. thanks a lot mates

You tell us what presures you have and we will take it from there.

taz

paul_h
31-08-2008, 06:39 AM
Don't you have a PT chart or guages that have R410a graduations for temperature?
It's 20K TD for an air conditioner, so if it's 20C ambient then 20K td means you should have 0C SST.
You need to reclaim and charge the system by weight anyway because splits are fussy about charge of refrigerant, and you're dealing with r410a.
Also you'd have to find your leak, not just top up to a certain running pressure.

icecube51
04-09-2008, 06:36 PM
try this one,
http://www.refrigerants.dupont.com/Suva/en_US/apps/stationary/index.html

Ice

icecube51
04-09-2008, 06:40 PM
improvement of link
http://www.refrigerants.dupont.com/Suva/en_US/products/suva410a.html

there you find everything you need to now about R410a

Ice