PDA

View Full Version : Sudent of the year award

marc5180
29-07-2008, 08:14 PM
I've been speaking to my college tutor today and he informed me that he was thinking of nominating me for student of the year ( dont laugh):D and would i like to be put up for it.
What is it all about though? How many people get nominated and how many get chose to be finalists ( if it works that way) I do know that i would have to go to belfry if i get picked but thats about it.

taz24
29-07-2008, 10:53 PM
I've been speaking to my college tutor today and he informed me that he was thinking of nominating me for student of the year ( dont laugh):D and would i like to be put up for it.
What is it all about though? How many people get nominated and how many get chose to be finalists ( if it works that way) I do know that i would have to go to belfry if i get picked but thats about it.

Well done for being nominated..

In truth it comes down to the reference your tutor gives you.
Awards are based on citations from employers and college tutors, endorsements from customers, and written submissions from students.

It gets whittled down to about ten and then they get invited to the RAC student of the year awards (normally somwhere like the Belfrey in Birmingham).

Good luck taz.

superswill
29-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Well done for being nominated,that in its self is a pat on the back for your hard work

good luck

Brian_UK
29-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Yes, certainly congratulations are in order Marc.

Slim R410a
30-07-2008, 09:08 AM

Hi Marc,

I was nominated for this in 2005, myself and two others in our college class. We had to produce a C.V and a covering letter from your company saying basically how hard working you are etc. This firstly was for the NW student of the year, if you won this then you get put into national student of the year. (RAC)

On the list of instructions we were given were the names of the last 3 years winners from our college with thier companies - 2002-Carters, 2003-Carters, 2004-Star.
Guess what company the guy who won was from, Carters!:mad: Hmm... and he wasnt exactly the sharpest knife in the draw.

Anyway all the best and good luck!

marc5180
30-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi Marc,

I was nominated for this in 2005, myself and two others in our college class. We had to produce a C.V and a covering letter from your company saying basically how hard working you are etc. This firstly was for the NW student of the year, if you won this then you get put into national student of the year. (RAC)

On the list of instructions we were given were the names of the last 3 years winners from our college with thier companies - 2002-Carters, 2003-Carters, 2004-Star.
Guess what company the guy who won was from, Carters!:mad: Hmm... and he wasnt exactly the sharpest knife in the draw.

Anyway all the best and good luck!
Well at least i know what to expect now, i wont get my hopes up then. Still nice to get nominated though , must mean that i'm doing something right:D

Josip
30-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Hi, marc5180 :)

Congratulations ...

Best regards, Josip :)

stuartwking
30-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Hi marc,
Congrats on getting nominated.
I got nominated in 2003 along with 2 others in my class.
We sat a written exam on a/c and fridge stuff.
I passed and went down to glasgow for a practical test of fault finding on a panel.
We got timed on how long it took to pinpoint the problem.
Took me 6 minutes but some one beat me so got a runner up.
the year before me the practical exam was a timed Fridge install.

Magoo
31-07-2008, 04:43 AM
Marc, Well done. Go and do it and enjoy the akilades.
magoo

chillin out
01-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Well done Marc for getting nominated.

If you don't win, come second or even if you come last it doesn't matter one bit because what does matter is that your company thinks you are good enough to qualify.

So well done Marc, keep up the good work.

Chillin:):)

marc5180
17-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks all, i will let you know how it goes.

marc5180
06-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Just to let you all know i got a phone call last night to say i have made the top 10. I will be going to the Belfry in Birmingham on Dec 11th, so wish me luck:D:D

Brian_UK
06-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Congrats Marc, we'll keep our fingers etc crossed for you.

Not that you need luck of course ;)

Gary
06-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Congrats and good luck, Marc.

marc5180
06-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys.

frank
06-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Well done young man.

Lets hope you make it into the top of the top 3 :D

marc5180
06-11-2008, 10:12 PM
I will:D I will be in the RAC magazine as well.

Andy
06-11-2008, 10:15 PM
I will:D I will be in the RAC magazine as well.

Hello Marc:)

I know the guy from Star who won this award.

Even if you don't win you get a free dinner.

Congratulation anyway.

Kind Regards Andy:)

marc5180
08-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Even if you don't win you get a free dinner.

And a day off work...paid:D