PDA

View Full Version : Foster 1/3 Lack of airflow problem

Latte
24-07-2008, 01:08 AM
Evening/Morning all,

Just thought i would share this one with you, may help out a less expreienced engineer who hasnt come across it before. I was asked by another angineer to go and have a look at a Foster 1/3 case where the opposite end to the evap, the cabinet temp was 6/7 degrees c higher than the return air at the coil.
Turned out the centre set of drawers had the incorrect size drawer in it so was blocking the air off and short cycling inside the unit. Hopefully you can see from the picture the drawer size difference. Not one i would expect to see often, obviously someones changed the drawers at some point and only put a low sided drawer on the top on of the first set.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Fatboy

taz24
24-07-2008, 02:13 AM
Evening/Morning all,

Just thought i would share this one with you, may help out a less expreienced engineer who hasnt come across it before. I was asked by another angineer to go and have a look at a Foster 1/3 case where the opposite end to the evap, the cabinet temp was 6/7 degrees c higher than the return air at the coil.
Turned out the centre set of drawers had the incorrect size drawer in it so was blocking the air off and short cycling inside the unit. Hopefully you can see from the picture the drawer size difference. Not one i would expect to see often, obviously someones changed the drawers at some point and only put a low sided drawer on the top on of the first set.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Fatboy

Good call mate.

taz

superswill
24-07-2008, 07:42 AM
top spot,you really do have to be abit of everything for this trade,i will add detective

taz24
24-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Evening/Morning all,

Just thought i would share this one with you, may help out a less expreienced engineer who hasnt come across it before. Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Fatboy

Now stop being a cleaver sod and sort the door seals out :D

Cheers taz,

james 100
13-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Hi Ray, I dont suppose this site was in Northants was it???

Latte
13-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi James,

Afraid not, It was out Aylesbury way in the middle of nowhere. Makes a change though, i seem to be spending most of my life in the NN/MK postcode area's at the moment. OH the joys of roundabout city

Regards

Fatboy

james 100
14-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Phew! I had replaced the drawers on the same type of unit last month at a site in Northants, for one horrible moment i thought it was my doing! If there is a next time i will look out for that one. Cheers. ;0)