PDA

View Full Version : x terminal paragon clock

Drew
23-07-2008, 07:45 AM
If a defrost termination / fan delay switch is stuck and continuously feeds a neutral to the x terminal on a paragon clock will the system still attempt to defrost or will this stuck neutral over ride the defrost?

Grizzly
23-07-2008, 07:59 PM
If a defrost termination / fan delay switch is stuck and continuously feeds a neutral to the x terminal on a paragon clock will the system still attempt to defrost or will this stuck neutral over ride the defrost?

Drew
Could you let me know what model you are refering to.
Once Identified I may be able to help?
Steve

1torr
23-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Hello Drew. On the Paragon clocks I used to use, the x terminal was fed with a live, either switched through a stat or pressure switch. Is Paragon the P990 or was that the venner ECL? I don't know, It's been over ten years since.

powell
23-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Drew,

If you're referring to the typical 8145 series Paragon timer, when the defrost/fan switch sticks with power going to the X terminal the system will not go into defrost and the fans will not come on.

hd88
11-01-2009, 01:07 AM
Is the delay bad? or are you trying to determine why your defrost is terminating. The termination solenoid on the back of the 8145-20 could be swelled up (burnt) and that will terminate the defrost every time, power or no power to it. If the delay is good the warm evaporator will cause termination. Inspect the back of the timer. Unhook x and see if it will go into defrost and stay. These are the only things that will cause a termination problem