PDA

View Full Version : Oil filtering system in TK Super II

coldkeeper1
17-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Dear friends:

I´m removing the compressor of a TK Super II unit in order to perform an internal parts status evaluation. One think I´ve noticed in this particular case is that the compressor doesn´t seem to be provided with an oil filtering system. Both the oil pump outlet and the compressor´s body oil inlet are permanently capped with plugs. I remember from previous work in another unit that this compressors have oil filters installed. Is this always necessary?

DaButcher
18-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Dear friends:

I´m removing the compressor of a TK Super II unit in order to perform an internal parts status evaluation. One think I´ve noticed in this particular case is that the compressor doesn´t seem to be provided with an oil filtering system. Both the oil pump outlet and the compressor´s body oil inlet are permanently capped with plugs. I remember from previous work in another unit that this compressors have oil filters installed. Is this always necessary?

Compressor filter kits became available around 1990, a few years later they became standard equipment. Always necessary, no, a good idea yes.

coldkeeper1
19-07-2008, 06:07 AM
Thank you very much Butcher. Clear and precise answer.