PDA

View Full Version : carel ir33

fowlie
15-07-2008, 11:18 PM
just wondering if anyone else has had a high failure on sainsburys sites with the ir33 case controllers, as one site thats about three years old has a large failure rate with controllers just burning out and switching off.:D

bernard
16-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi

Yes I,ve had a few problems with burning out.Also found them double defrosting due to them loosing their time.I think carel are replacing all controllers from a certain batch.

Regards B

Chunk
16-07-2008, 09:07 PM
I know it sounds odd but,i havent had one failure yet of the ir33 apart from the double defrost(etc alarm).Yet i have had probably 30 or so rdm controllers blowing up on me.

coolhibby1875
17-07-2008, 07:02 PM
its amazing in the last 5 years i have only ever changed 1 rdm controller and it never even needed changing (condemend by a.n.other)however since january i have changed 6 carel ir33 controllers in just 1 sainsburys store in edinburgh

Chunk
17-07-2008, 07:52 PM
its amazing in the last 5 years i have only ever changed 1 rdm controller and it never even needed changing (condemend by a.n.other)however since january i have changed 6 carel ir33 controllers in just 1 sainsburys store in edinburgh

Looks like Carel dont like the Scots:)

Porkington
21-07-2008, 09:57 PM
I've changed more RDM than Carel recently. However, last week was probe week.... 33 is the record!

careluk
01-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Please I would appreciate to know in which store you had such failures.
For burning out you mean the display is completely blank?

As regards the double defrost, while you set the scheduled defrost (td1, td2...) please set the minutes different than 00 mins.

Carel UK
After Sales Support

careluk
01-08-2008, 11:08 AM

Please can you advise the type of fault on our control?

Thanks
CArel UK
After sales support

Chunk
01-08-2008, 07:14 PM
As regards the double defrost, while you set the scheduled defrost (td1, td2...) please set the minutes different than 00 mins.

Carel UK
After Sales Support

Hello

I dont get you on this.All the controllers are set up as per carel data sheets,but we are not always getting the same cases coming up with the "ETC" alarm as they vary across the store,

For example lets say cab. 51 gets this alarm and doesnt do it again for 4 months.

I have gone through the controller settings on numerous occasions and couldnt find anything jumping out at me,and it sounds like it happens to a lot of Carels and in varied locations around the UK.

Other than these silly alarms,i cant fault you on much else.(I will keep looking for something though;))

coolhibby1875
01-08-2008, 08:23 PM
hi carel uk i have had 4 go down with burnt out contacts causing the casing to melt into a big melted lump wish i had taken pics now.
another one the screen was all blank and another i have changed due to double defrosts which now i have discovered is just dodggy settings.these controllers were all less than 6 months old.

careluk
05-08-2008, 01:33 PM
The eTC may be due to a very strong spurios noises. However this alarm does not affect the running of the controllers. The defrost will be performed according to the dI parameter instead (interval between defrosts).

coolhibby1875
30-08-2008, 08:37 PM
hi careuk does carel offer any training courses in the uk we are now doing lots of tesco express stores with the carel touch screen front ends and networked controllers i or my workmates have not encountered these

Keef_Controls
31-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Carel UK - can you explain why there's such a high voltage present on the RS485 line ? enough to feel quite a bit of shock ? I've seen this in loads of stores - and even noticed it in a test room...I'm convinced it not just "noise" pickup, and i'd be concerned about safety reg's if is was you...

Diehl
05-01-2009, 07:40 AM
Hello!

Ich nedd help from you!
Can you tell me how to set the difference of temperatur when the IR33 ist starting the compressor?

I mean. For examble the compressor shut of at x°C und goes on at x°C. I want to extend the difference.

Sorry, i am German

paul_h
05-01-2009, 10:19 AM
That's the "differential" or "hysteris". Look for the 'hy' setting, it's normally set to 2.
If you set the HY higher, it will get warmer in the cabinet before it switches on though, so be sure that's what you want.

Diehl
05-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Hi and thanks!

Can you look on page 36 at point 7.2?
Is it Code "rr" or "rd"?

How can i change the "Def." parameter?

Diehl
05-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Sorry, i can not insert a link.

I want to change the rd:Control delta

rd: Control delta

Establishes the value of the differential, or hysteresis, used for temperature control. Low values guarantee an ambient temperature
that deviates only slightly from the set point, but involves frequent starts and stops of the main actuator (normally the compressor).
In any case, the compressor can be protected by suitably setting the parameters that limit the number of
activations/hour and the minimum OFF time (see the C parameters).

Note: if control with two compressor steps has been selected (‘H1, H5’=12, 13), the differential ‘rd’ is divided between the two
steps.
Default: rd =2

paul_h
05-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Hold program and set buttons down together for 5 seconds until 00 appears, use the 'up' to increase the number to display '22', (that's the password), and press 'set' to enter it.
Then use 'up' or 'down' keys to scroll through forwards and backwards through all the settings until you find 'rd', press 'set' to enter that function and adjust it to what you want, save it by pressing 'set' again.
http://www.actrol.com.au/install/IR33Programming.pdf

Diehl
05-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Thank you very much!

The Carel works at me on a heat pump.
The circulating pump will be activated with relay after the room-thermostat has turned on the "Continuous Cycle" Symbol on the Carel.

While the compressor is off because the hysteris has not yet allowed to sart it again, i want to run the circulation pump in "tacts" because it`s energy consumption.

Is this possible?

nike123
05-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Thank you very much!

The Carel works at me on a heat pump.
The circulating pump will be activated with relay after the room-thermostat has turned on the "Continuous Cycle" Symbol on the Carel.

While the compressor is off because the hysteris has not yet allowed to sart it again, i want to run the circulation pump in "tacts" because it`s energy consumption.

Is this possible?
Yes with two additional relays. One relay is for switching from normal pump operation to intermittent operation mode when compressor is off and other relay is timer relay for switching on and off pump in " intermittent mode".

Diehl
05-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Hi!

This relays are "on board" of the ir33?

Another question :confused:

I want to set "minimum compressor on time" at 15 minutes.
How can i avoid that the heatingwater reaches a certain critical temperature?

nike123
05-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Hi!

This relays are "on board" of the ir33?

No, that relays (what I speak about) are aditional. Maybe it is posible to program IR33 to do that, but I did not studied his options.

Another question :confused:

I want to set "minimum compressor on time" at 15 minutes.

Why 15 min.?
Minimum on time should be set in that way that you don't have more than 10 compressor starts in one hour. That could be accomplished with min on time of 3 min and min off time of 3 min.

Reduction of number of ON-OFF cycles you could accomplish by installing suitable puffer tank.

How can i avoid that the heatingwater reaches a certain critical temperature?

Heating water cannot be higher than condensing saturation temperature. If you have instaled high pressure switch your heating water temperature should newer be higher than saturation temperature of coresponding trigering pressure of high pressure switch

oilytool
30-01-2009, 10:15 PM
sorry lads i dont rate carel to many settings most not used rcs controllers are by far better and rdm is growing on me

oilytool
30-01-2009, 10:16 PM
hello carel do you do training courses and how much do these cost

Silhouette
01-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi Gent's, I agree with oilytool! The Carel seems to be too susceptable to "noise" on the comms, this causes the defrost issues mentioned earlier, along with the numerous parameters that are unused. The RDM is an excellent bit of kit and gives you all the fault info you need (if you have a laptop!!). The RCS controller is again excellent when attached to a RCS front end but limited when on Parasense! I wish they would just pick a single control system again and make our life a little easier!

Keef_Controls
01-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Hi Gent's, I agree with oilytool! The Carel seems to be too susceptable to "noise" on the comms, this causes the defrost issues mentioned earlier, along with the numerous parameters that are unused. The RDM is an excellent bit of kit and gives you all the fault info you need (if you have a laptop!!). The RCS controller is again excellent when attached to a RCS front end but limited when on Parasense! I wish they would just pick a single control system again and make our life a little easier!

The RCS controller would come in useful in those cold winter evenings too..

The problem is that although there is a spec, it does'nt seem to cover the things that matter to engineers - like how you set it up (display, laptop, HHU), if it logs locally, if its TCP-IP direct to controller or a gateway, if parameters can be locked down.. The lack of a front end in many stores makes life difficult too.

Carel - still awaiting an answer as to why people keep getting electric shocks off your RS485 network?

oilytool
09-02-2009, 06:52 PM
carel still waiting do you do training courses how much are they