PDA

View Full Version : wireless temperature sensors

Tycho
11-07-2008, 11:28 PM
I've just gotten my hands on some wireless temperature sensors.

I don't know if this is new in the trade, but it's new to me. I have just started playing with it here in norway

and the basic application seems ok, it gives a temperature reading to a .log file at an interval set by the customer, the temperature is given in Farenheit.

the sensors are wireless, and there can be 600 sensors to one reciever unit. one reciever unit has to be connected to a compute if the reciever unit is to far away from the computer, the reciever could be fed with 24V, or it could be left withing distance to the computer and a relay transmitter could be placed between the transmitter and the reciever.

I am already working with a programer in norway to make it so that we can get the temperature in C and so that the temperature will be not only stored in a local computer but also sent to a central cpu that will be backed uo every 24 hours.

This is very interesting, and I'm only waiting for the software from the programer to make an onboard trial to see where the signal might be blocked doe to the steel bulkhead in a ship.

GXMPLX
12-07-2008, 01:58 AM
Interesting!

I show you mine if you show me yours!

Probably these are not as wireless as yours, you connect them to a RS485 network then the network connects wireless to a TCP/IP network.

They are good and not expensive.

www.fullgauge.com (http://www.fullgauge.com)

Can you give me a link to your manufacturer?

US Iceman
12-07-2008, 04:44 AM
Some of the process industries are beginning to use wireless transmitters. What sort of luck they have had I don't know.

However, I think this technology offers some new dimensions in control networking and possibilities we have not thought of yet.:cool:

Tycho
12-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Interesting!

I show you mine if you show me yours!

Probably these are not as wireless as yours, you connect them to a RS485 network then the network connects wireless to a TCP/IP network.

They are good and not expensive.

www.fullgauge.com (http://www.fullgauge.com)

Can you give me a link to your manufacturer?

www.pointsix.com

norseman
17-07-2008, 01:54 PM
[quote=Tycho;113009]

I have installed such a system hardware on several hospitals in Norway. In this system the transmitters takes up to 16channels each. Great system who has a software so you draw in all units as on the site so you can see the unit in a room who makes an alarm. You get a local alarm limit so the area people can decide what to do and over that an emergency level alarm limit which goes to security.The system send very well through heavy concreate walls. The new now is a server solution so you can get a separate access to the system from what place you want in the world. Hospitals does not like you to get access to their computers and that is the best for most of us. Be aware of the frequency. In most countries you have to get one allowed by some government people.
Our one is free to use in hospitals also still near operation studios. It is makers also in Sweden and GB as I know Pedro

GXMPLX
22-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Yeah, you guys made me feel embarrassed with my controls!

ecclesk
22-07-2008, 03:22 PM
http://www.comarkltd.com/

we have had these installed for a while at one of our sites, no problems that i know of.

Peter_1
22-07-2008, 09:40 PM
The well known European brand Eliwell has also a radio adapter available for remote monitoring like supermarkets.
Tycho can need of course special demands due to the steel walls.
Thinks Eliwell has repeaters also.

ptkambdg
21-08-2008, 02:58 AM
Dear Tycho...
It is intersting, I would be glad to have more information from you about this wireless temperature sensor

Thanks & regards

Tesla
21-08-2008, 12:16 PM
This technology has been availabe for more than ten years now. Trend and Siemens supply wirless sensors with battaries lasting up to 5 years. This technology saves a lot of labour on running cables and viable for about 8 sensors or more unless you have a differcult cable run. I'm still waiting for wireless power not just signals as of course Tesla innovated nearly 100 years ago - the blasted military govt keeps this tech from us (selfishly I think). If you want to pop your eyes open check out what John Hutchison is up to with LEVITATION http://www.americanantigravity.com/hutchison.html
B AMAZED

mambro_01
26-08-2008, 08:46 AM
hi guys, i got the chance to use the Eliwell wireless solution,. different from other brand this tech is not use to remotize the sensor form the controller but it is used to connect the controller by a wireless network to the monitoring system. i used with eliwell software but as far as i know it is able to work with other software and controllers in case of modbus communication. I found it so efficient

stserkan
03-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Can it be used in refrigeators?

hcoles
09-11-2008, 03:36 PM
I see that Omega is selling wireless temp. sensors now. I need to check the other brands mentioned above.