PDA

View Full Version : Nice Ice N25P

Rhew
02-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Does anyone have any information on these little machines or who is the importer to the uk. Im led to belive that they are made by a firm called Modena.
Cheers
Rhew

Rhew
02-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Just found the thread started by gazcull on a long search on google, I did a search of the forum first but did not come up with this thread wonder what im doing wrong. Osion/Lichung if you still come on to the forum is it possible to get any tech info on your machines. geting the probes/sensors is not my problem but how to test etc.

Regards
Rhew

Rhew
04-07-2008, 06:39 PM
TROUBLE SHOOTING

Problem:
1. Turn on the power switch, switch does not illuminate
Cause:

No power supply
The switch damaged

Problem
2. No action after power on with switch light on, the fault light flash on 1 per second.
Cause:

The condenser temperature sensor was damaged

Problem:
3. Tray returns to level position but no water inlet, water lack light flash on 1 per second.
Cause:

The ice full temperature sensor was damaged

Problem:
4. The tray turns up to level position then stops and after 5 seconds the tray performs are cycle again then stops after 3 minuets the machine stops and the fault and ice full light (flash on) illuminated at the same time.
Cause:

The hall sensor was damaged or faulty. Or the space between magnet and sensor too big

Problem:
5. after switch on tray stops in random position way without any light on. Then after 3 minutes the compressor runs with the run light on, after 2 minutes it stops with the fault light always on.
Cause:

The micro switch for controlling the plastic dish always closed or open switch damaged or incorrectly adjusted.

Problem:
6. The machine stops while the water lack light flashing
Cause:

It means the ice full sensor intermittent because this sensor is always in contact with the ice cubes, it is easily wetted.

Problem:
7. The tray is in the level position but no water inlet or fill the machine still runs.
Cause:
The water sensor wet, dry by airflows or replace it.

ArthurLeigh
26-07-2008, 04:57 PM
I have a different fault with an N26 Nice Ice ice maker. On switching on, the green light comes on, the tray turns down and empties and then returns, the water enters and the stirrer starts, then the compressor, all normal so far. The evaporator starts to cool, the hot gas outlet of the solenoid valve remains cool and then ice forms on the evaporator as expected, however the defrost cycle starts when the ice thimbles are only about 1mm thick. The tray turns down and empties and then returns, the water enters and the stirrer starts, then the compressor, however the evaporator does not cool, the hot gas outlet of the solenoid valve remains hot.

It would appear that the solenoid valve is sticking in the defrost position. The resistance of the solenoid windings is about 5k and the solenoid when removed from the machine and powered from the 240V supply, attracts a screwdriver sufficiently to draw it inside and when the screwdriver is held, the weight of the solenoid is supported. So maybe the core of the solenoid is sticking or there are shorted turns in the solenoid, reducing its power. What should the resistance of the solenoid be, please? The refrigerant pressure switch operates about once a minute, turning on the condenser fan as expected, however each time this happens, there is a pulse on the solenoid which could cause it to turn on and let hot gas into the evaporator.

Do you have any suggestions, please?

Best wishes,

Arthur Leigh.

ArthurLeigh
25-08-2008, 11:19 AM
I electrically bypassed the pressure switch so now the condenser fan runs all the time except in the defrost cycle. The ice maker now works properly, so either the pressure switch was faulty or the system was slightly short of refrigerant.

I am still interested in further service information in case more faults develop.