PDA

View Full Version : Just For Fun

superswill
01-07-2008, 07:22 PM
OK one for fun then,this greeted me last week

the set up:

two Hitachi ducted splits,one local remote in a staff room,the call was a water leak after work was done to the celling grid

guess away

The Viking
01-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Grilles removed?

superswill
01-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Grilles removed?

all ducting fine,air off/on grills in place and filters clean

The Viking
01-07-2008, 07:42 PM
And it was fully commissioned and running before the ceiling guys were there?

superswill
01-07-2008, 07:44 PM
And it was fully commissioned and running before the ceiling guys were there?

yep been in years without missing a beat

Lowrider
01-07-2008, 08:42 PM
It's not an AC, but an Ice machine!

taz24
01-07-2008, 08:43 PM
OK one for fun then,this greeted me last week

the set up:

two Hitachi ducted splits,one local remote in a staff room,the call was a water leak after work was done to the celling grid

guess away

Three points (you choose the order)

1, You have obviously overclocked the prossesor controling the unit and needed a hugh icebank as a heatsink :eek:.

2, The last engineer left the covers of the comp and electrics so you have used ice to protect it. :cool: :cool:.

3, The guy who fitted the vent back on the air ducts forgot to remove the plastic protection thus stopping any airflow:rolleyes:

Yours ever helpfully taz.

superswill
01-07-2008, 08:49 PM
It's not an AC, but an Ice machine!

i stood there for hours with a large gin but nothing came out

superswill
01-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Three points (you choose the order)

1, You have obviously overclocked the prossesor controling the unit and needed a hugh icebank as a heatsink :eek:.

2, The last engineer left the covers of the comp and electrics so you have used ice to protect it. :cool: :cool:.

3, The guy who fitted the vent back on the air ducts forgot to remove the plastic protection thus stopping any airflow:rolleyes:

Yours ever helpfully taz.

1 :D

2 :D

3 all duct fine

l

frank
01-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Looking at the pictures, it is obviously either an airflow problem or something not letting the system switch off, or condensate not draining away.

Air flow problem.

The ceiling fixers have installed the ceiling just below the grilles thereby blocking airflow causing the evap to ice up and then - well the pictures say it all.

Not switching off.

Somehow, the ceiling fixers have prevented the return air reaching the return air thermister, or, trapped a wire, or, etc (I give up)

Water not draining.

The condensate drain has been raised out of the way to allow the ceiling to be fitted meaning that the drain pan can't empty. This would cause the indoor coil to sit in water, causing ice formation, which eventually blocks the airflow etc.

I rest my case your honour.

monkey spanners
01-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Looks like a frozen contactor to me :D

Or one of the indoor units turned off.

Jon

chillin out
01-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Was the return pipe to the cond unit crimped and causing the gas to flash off from there, thus flooding the suction accum.?

Chillin:):)

Andy AC
01-07-2008, 10:35 PM
ceiling fixers put a screw through interconnect or remote wiring - I've seen this do strange things to a mr. slim in the past.

Come on give us a clue!

Andy

superswill
01-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Looks like a frozen contactor to me :D

Or one of the indoor units turned off.

Jon

OK jon,andy and the viking get half a point,

an indoor unit had been "knocked off" at the local spur during celling work (i admit the spur was the same as the light spurs but still) and the inter connecting cables where crossed from day one being on one remote previous maintenance compies have not seen this (great PPM in place then) causing the indoor fan to stop but the system still too refrigerate,causing one hell of a block of ice above the celling,it was only a energy watching member of staff turning off the local RC one night that cause a small lake the next morning and a call too there new maintenance company (us) to mop it up

back the what the viking said (i couldn't give a clue that early into the thread sorry mate) it has been like that since installed, being one one remote i guess it was a case of its heating and its cooling so its fine,iam now spending a little longer on every PPM visit clearly marking all indoors and outdoors when doing assist list and not taking existing labeling as Gospel