PDA

View Full Version : Please help me regarding LNG carrier or reefer refrigeration systems

itisali
20-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Dear all,

I am a student of an engineering university. I am from Mechanical engineering department.

I am planning to write an article about LNG carrier's or reefer's refrigeration for my local university magazine.

I want to explain how LNG is kept at cryogenic temperatures or I may also explain how reefers refrigerate their cargo.

But the problem is that I don't know anything about the ships and their refrigeration although i am well aware of refrigeration basics.

Please send me online links from where i can download information regarding LNG carrier's or reefer's refrigeration systems.

Please mention any ebook, article, pdf anything that would be of any help to me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Muhammad Ali

Brian_UK
20-06-2008, 08:15 PM

Please send me online links from where i can download information regarding LNG carrier's or reefer's refrigeration systems.

Please mention any ebook, article, pdf anything that would be of any help to me. Is there anything else you would like us to search around for you or is that all ? :(

Have you tried searching for any of this information and if so what have you found so that we do not duplicate the data ?

itisali
21-06-2008, 07:59 AM
Is there anything else you would like us to search around for you or is that all ? :(

Have you tried searching for any of this information and if so what have you found so that we do not duplicate the data ?

Dear Moderator,

Please don't get angry. I have searched so much on the internet but I could not get any meaningful information.

I am a student and and all I expect from you experienced guys is insight and knowledge.

SteinarN
28-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Is there anything else you would like us to search around for you or is that all ? :(

I really would like new members to be meet with some more politeness. You answered this young members very first post in an unnecessary harsh way. As I'm sure you noticed, this member is from Pakistan and his native language probably is not english. You should therefore take into consideration that this member most likely isn't able to express himself, in written english, with the same sensitivity and thoughtfulnes as a native englisman. However I believe his first post was both polite and friendly.

As this member said in his next post he had searched exstensively on the internet without finding any meaningful information. He didn't even ask for spesific tecnical information as many other on this forum does. All he asked for was some help about where to find information.

I noticed he hasn't been logged in here since his second post where he asked you not to be angry at him.

I feel realy sorry for this young lad.

Brian_UK
28-06-2008, 11:50 PM
OK, fair comment SteinarN and I apologise if I have upset you and him.

However, if someone picks a subject to write a report upon then they should really have some knowledge of that subject or select something that they do know about.

Research should be performed before making decisions not the other way around.

He has perhaps not 'logged' in' because nobody has provided him with the information that he wants.

abbsnowman
05-07-2008, 07:28 AM
Hey Steiner! How ya doing buddy?
Good to see you here!

SteinarN
05-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Hi Abbs!

I'm fine here. I'm probably on my way out to do something on my car.

Chers! :)