PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear, I upset a customer!

The Viking
16-06-2008, 05:36 PM
The MD of the customer arrived just before this photo were taken, he didn't appreciate me asking if he brought the hotdogs!

http://i30.tinypic.com/10ehkq9.jpg

And just who is stupid enough to fit smoke detectors in a carpark!!

stuartwking
16-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi Viking,
love the photo, Hope you did a risk assessment ?. The risk being you could burn your hotdogs!.

taz24
16-06-2008, 08:29 PM
The MD of the customer arrived just before this photo were taken, he didn't appreciate me asking if he brought the hotdogs!

http://i30.tinypic.com/10ehkq9.jpg

And just who is stupid enough to fit smoke detectors in a carpark!!

We use battery powered torches nowadays so why are
you using the candle to light the area up with:D

Good one mate.
How long did you let it burn before you put it out:D:D

Cheers taz

philfridge
16-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Flame grilled hotdogs yummi :D

chillin out
16-06-2008, 08:37 PM
I hope you took that picture on your phone and didn't go all the way back to your van to get a proper camera?

Chillin:):)

US Iceman
16-06-2008, 08:41 PM
And here I thought that was one of those optional hand warmers for cold weather operation.:D

GXMPLX
16-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Sorry! I woudn't appreciate somebody torching a line with oil and refrigerant in it either. The angry customer get my vote (though not for the alarm)!

Karl Hofmann
16-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Hmmm... Absorbtion fridge eh?

Karl Hofmann
16-06-2008, 09:02 PM
I think that the compressor is fried.....Kentucky Fried

Karl Hofmann
16-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Steps to be taken in the event of the flame spreading....Large ones in the opposite direction

pomdekiwi
16-06-2008, 10:07 PM
When you blew it out did everybody sing happy birthday ??

he heh
Pom

superswill
16-06-2008, 11:18 PM
self brazing pipe! should i be looking elsewhere for employment

The Viking
17-06-2008, 12:26 AM
I hope you took that picture on your phone and didn't go all the way back to your van to get a proper camera?

Nah,
I haven't got a camera on my phone but my van is just out of picture (how else could I listen to the rock classics my daughter gave me?)

Sorry! I woudn't appreciate somebody torching a line with oil and refrigerant in it either. The angry customer get my vote (though not for the alarm)!

No gas in there M8, oil yes but somebody had reclaimed the system well below 0.
What upset the customer the most was that I didn't run and get a fire extinguisher...But instead calmly looked through the back of my van to find where I put the welder's gloves.

Good one mate.
How long did you let it burn before you put it out:D:D
Cheers taz

After the customer started complaining, asking me to RUN to the other end of the building, fetching a (powder) fire extinguisher... I did decide to take a photo or 2. So I then had to get the camera out, find the best angle, ask the office girls that were passing by if I could light their fires as well. I eventually put my hand around it (OK, so I were cheating, by that time I had put the welding glove on)
:cool:
:D

US Iceman
17-06-2008, 12:31 AM
...ask the office girls that were passing by if I could light their fires as well. I eventually put my hand around it.

How did you keep from getting slapped in the face?:D

GXMPLX
17-06-2008, 04:27 AM
Blowing it would have helped! ... or were you hiding something in your breath too? ... a Dragon maybe? Next time fight it with a cutter!

chillin out
19-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Blowing it would have helped! ... or were you hiding something in your breath too? ... a Dragon maybe? Next time fight it with a cutter!
What is a cutter?

Also, I don't think I would recommend blowing on any fire. You should always keeps a bucket of water and a wet rag next to you when doing hot work.

There is no way I would be putting my face near any naked flame, you never know what could happen next.

The Viking
19-06-2008, 10:22 PM
How did you keep from getting slapped in the face?:D

I'm Swedish

chillin out
19-06-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm Swedish
Seems you got a right good slap in the face last night from Russia....lol

Lowrider
19-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Seems you got a right good slap in the face last night from Russia....lol

And that's because they got a Dutch coach!!!!!!!!!!