PDA

View Full Version : Copland Freezer Compressor Issues

CROWAT2003
12-06-2008, 04:22 AM
I Have A 25 year old Traulsen Freezer. I Replaced The Comp About 1yr Ago. The Reason I Replaced The Comp Was Because It Would Trip The Circuit Breaker When It Would Turn Back On After The Cycle Off Mode. (Sorry Im Not Versed
In The Technical Refridgeration Language)
Anyhow The Comp Burned Out.

I Recently Had A ***** Leak At A Valve Stem. Don't Ask Me Which One I Dont Know. My Friend Who Is A Fridge Tech Detected The Leak. He Replaced ***** And Sealed The Leak. Now I Have The Same Issue As The First Comp. The Comp Has A Difficult Time Restarting After The Cycle Off Mode. It Vibrates Violently. Sometimes The Comp Safety Switch Engages And Shuts It Down. After A Several Minutes It Will Try To Start Up And It Usually Does. After About 30 Seconds It Runs Great And Smooth. Recently However It Trips The Circuit Breaker. What Could Be The Problem?

Thank You For Your Response.

wambat
12-06-2008, 05:11 AM
Shut the unit down at the disconnect, remove the power wires from the compressor terminals, and check for equal resistance readings across the windings ( 3 phase) because it sounds like you have a ground fault. If you do , don't run and remove the compressor and check the oil for burning and moisture in the system. if so, then you need to do a system cleanup.

CROWAT2003
12-06-2008, 05:26 AM
What does a system clean up entail?

wunderben
15-06-2008, 11:09 PM
does it have a cpr valve? is it adjusted properly? is it bad?