View Full Version : how to make my own site? viking plz go inside

brianubaldo
06-05-2008, 04:47 AM
please teach me how to make website.. :rolleyes:

ty very much in advance..
the viking your site is very interesting.. :cool:

paul_h
06-05-2008, 05:24 AM
Search the web for tutorials, there's plenty of them out there.
It needs more information that can be given in a few posts on a refrigeration forum.
Try www.webmonkey.com for info

brianubaldo
06-05-2008, 07:09 AM
thanks paul..

do you know how to make websites? where should i make it? in what format,

just give me little idea to make it more easy for me to understand how to make websites.. :cool:

brianubaldo
06-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Try www.webmonkey.com (http://www.webmonkey.com) for info

paul tutorials here is hard to perform for begginers like me. can you give me basics in web making..

ex. how to save
how to view my site
etc.. :rolleyes:

they teach in the site the basic codes.. how to make html. but i cant find where to view my website and how can i save it. to make it visible to public. :eek:

nike123
06-05-2008, 07:49 AM
paul tutorials here is hard to perform for begginers like me. can you give me basics in web making..

ex. how to save
how to view my site
etc.. :rolleyes:

they teach in the site the basic codes.. how to make html. but i cant find where to view my website and how can i save it. to make it visible to public. :eek:

Download this free software and forget about HTML!
It is just drag and drop. Real thing for beginners.
http://www.coffeecup.com/free-editor/download.php

paul_h
06-05-2008, 08:21 AM
Webmonkey was just an example, if you searched google there would be heaps of How-To sites.

First things first though, design the website on paper, decide on number of pages, content etc.
Then use a WYSIWYG editor like Nike123 linked, or leran how to code.

When you've written the website so it works on your PC, You can upload it onto a free hosting site like yahoo geocities etc.
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ Go there for free hosting and help on setting it up.

Or do what the viking and I did, get your own domain name registered for a few dollars a year.
Then get an account with a hosting company for $50 a year or so.
Upload your site to the hosting company account, then you're set.
edit:
Download this free software and forget about HTML!
It is just drag and drop. Real thing for beginners.
http://www.coffeecup.com/free-editor/download.phpYeah, I just remembered webmonkey because I learnt coding on that site and at uni six years ago the hard way! My website was all done in notepad.exe :D

imci
06-05-2008, 02:15 PM
thanks paul..

do you know how to make websites? where should i make it? in what format,

just give me little idea to make it more easy for me to understand how to make websites.. :cool:
i think you can use wordpress script to make your webiste.you can find many nice themes with plugins.Setting up a webiste or blog using wordpress is quite easy.Try this first then lean html.

The Viking
06-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Can't argue with any of that.

If you are a novice and designing your first website, the easiest is to sign up to a web hosting site which have online site building service.
At them you would be able to chose pre-made templates and just fill them with the content you desire the world to see.

Good luck.

WebRam
06-05-2008, 10:29 PM
and here is another hint, try and post in the correct place would you ..:(

WebRam
07-05-2008, 07:39 PM
wrong ............. maybe I should make myself a little clearer. Please post in the correct forum.

nh3wizard
07-05-2008, 08:35 PM
wrong ............. maybe I should make myself a little clearer. Please post in the correct forum.

Maybe if you were clearer from the start.................

WebRam
07-05-2008, 11:00 PM
LOL, hey if we have members jus posting all over the place the forum will soon become unreadable.

Sory your upset and have taken the hump but this site has to be moderated.
You dont see the half of what the mods have to remove and redirect to keep RE readable.

If you have a prolem you should PM me

The Viking
07-05-2008, 11:15 PM
:off topic::off topic::off topic:

brianubaldo
08-05-2008, 04:46 AM
thank you very much for the info. :cool:

Brian_UK
09-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Also, if available in your home country there are computer magazines which explain how to create a website.

nh3wizard
09-05-2008, 05:30 PM
If you have a prolem you should PM me
I would if I thought it would accomplish anything

WebRam
09-05-2008, 06:00 PM
I would if I thought it would accomplish anything

dear god, I am sorry the weight of the world is upon your shoulders just now, maybe you should heed your own post and sit back for a bit and take it easy.

::sigh::

nh3wizard
09-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Yes sir I will, Thank you very much for your time, I think you have proven my point.