PDA

View Full Version : hi i am new to this site.....

kumar9172
05-05-2008, 09:02 AM
hi friends..... i need to know what are the stages that refrigerant undergoes when it passes through the condenser....

Lowrider
05-05-2008, 09:44 AM
The obvious: from gas to liquid!

brianubaldo
05-05-2008, 12:16 PM
hi friends..... i need to know what are the stages that refrigerant undergoes when it passes through the condenser....

when refrigerant go out the compressor [discharge line-high side] 1/4 or not exactly 1/4 maybe even less than 1/4 of the condenser the state of the refrigerant there is still gas going to liquid. when the refrigerants pass through out the condeser it is in liquid state. after the condenser it is the [liquid line]
followed by drier or sigth glass. after the liquid line you will see expansion devices such as capillary or thermostatic expansion valves "TXV" after expansion devices is the evaporator. in evaporator the state of refrigerant is from small particles liquid to gas. refrigerants evaporates here depends on your heat load. after evaporator is the suction accumulator and finally [low side-suction line] back to compressor.

Refrigeration Cycle:eek: Welcome Aboard.....

US Iceman
05-05-2008, 04:13 PM
1) Desuperheating - gas looses temperature (sensible heat)

2) Phase change - from gas to liquid (latent heat)

3) Subcooling - liquid cooled from higher temperature to lower temperature (sensible heat). Note: some condenser may not provide subcooling, but others may.

nike123
05-05-2008, 09:25 PM
This is what I got as answer to similar question

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8378/refph101negwe5.jpg

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3178/refrigerantphasescoolinnz9.jpg

OAT99
23-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Welcome Kumar,
After the refrigerant is compressed it's superheated vapor, as it passes through the condenser, it becomes sub cooled liquid and on to the metering device which will change it back to a vapor (low pressure), where it will be super-heated vapor to return to the compressor.

botrous
28-05-2008, 12:59 AM
Well let us put it in a mathematical physical way:

1) the refrigerant will loose enery to go to it's condesing tempreture Q= m.c.deltaT (sensible)
2) the refrigerant will condense by loosing energy at constant tempreture Q=m.L (latent)
3) the refrigerant will be subcooled by loose of energy and tempreture Q=m.c.deltaT (sensible)

That's in a simple way , the calculation is a lot more complicated due to the friction losses in the tubes and bendings which directly affects "c" so an integral based calculations should be made to get precise results.

Respects and regards