PDA

View Full Version : How to design -35deg c chlling plant.

sreenivasarao
02-05-2008, 07:12 AM
Help me Designing for - 35 deg c chilling plant , For 60 kw
i am using Bitzer semi hermetic compressor model 6G.30.2y or 6F-50.2
Gas -R502, What are the precautions should i take ,what are accessories i Required .

Brian_UK
02-05-2008, 08:43 PM
What are you chilling, air or liquid?

Precautions are the usual ones to protect the compressor from damage.

Accessories, well it depends on what you want or how much you want to spent.

Tesla
06-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Check out oil retur issues with r502 at temps and seperation. Just a thought

tjk2007
06-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Dear sreenivasarao, (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/member.php?u=16979)

You better choose 6F-50.2.It will be a good solution.

Why you choose R-502

Rgds,

TJK

sreenivasarao
07-05-2008, 08:07 PM
I am using this system for liquid [Glycol]cooling.

Should I keep ,Liquid Receiver for this System.If yes What will be the capacity

How much Capacity ,heat exchanger and condenser ,should i take.

Which Expansion valve should i use .
Which gas is advisable.

Thank you.

kelvin_27_84
08-05-2008, 06:53 PM
i personally find that if that compressor is able with NH3, go for it. among so many designs I did, NH3 is the easiest to handle. Some simple PLC controllers into the main control panel and you get a fully automated plant with defrosting feature and safety cut out. Since you are cooling glycol, best is use NH3, and if you still have a design of your liquid receiver, mind sending it to me, I can check if it is suitable to use it. Expansion valves? well what kind of system are u having? DX,(TEA) Pump(SV4 + pump vessel + either REG) and thermosyphon(REG). All valves recommended are from danfoss and to be use only on the liquid line. For more features look into your suction. They are crucial too.

S.M.Gokhale
10-05-2008, 10:43 AM
The Bitzer (or any other make) semi hermetic compressors are not suitable for use with ammonia. The best option for this application is to use R-404a refrigerant.
Actually for an application like this would it not be advisable to consult a person with previous experience in designing such systems?