PDA

View Full Version : Fosters fault codes needed

Chris2005
01-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Hi all

Has anyone got the fault codes for fosters cabinets.

I was on a single door one today a GS 601 HJ with eep39 flashing on the screen .

But i cant find out what it means.

Thanks chris.

p_p
02-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Hi Chris

Try contacting Foster 01553 691122 and ask for Kevin Nicholls he is there Tech Support Man.

Regards

PP

Chris2005
03-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Hi PP

I contacted fosters they told me the controller has gone gugu.

But they are looking for £195 for a new controller no discount unless you have an account set up prevoius.

we havnt got an account with them so were stuffed,
But we do work for another company that has got an account and asked them to get a price ,

And they were quoted £195+vat aswell they were told no discount because they never bought the chiller off them.

So what are you supposed to do if you go to a new customer that bought a chiller off someone else a few years ago.

Why are fosters making it so difficult to get spares,
It cant be doing there bussiness much good.

Chris. :confused:

p_p
03-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Hi Chris

I think it would be a good idea to open an account for spares you may require in the future.
AS for your question I honestly don't know the answer, alot of AC companies have this attitude to tech support, if you havn't bought the kit from them they dont want to know.

Regards

PP

Chunk
03-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Hello

Have a look on this link.

http://www.foster-spares.com/

You can download manuals for most foster ranges and there is plenty of other foster related stuff too.:)

Mozambezi
11-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Can sent service manuals by email.
Foster tech support is getting better, much more better. I've got all info from them, but by email only /support line busy as always/

Kp3
12-01-2009, 08:48 PM
try commercial catering Rochdale 0170662115

LRAC
13-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Hi PP

I contacted fosters they told me the controller has gone gugu. But they are looking for £195 for a new controller no discount unless you have an account set up prevoius.

we havnt got an account with them so were stuffed,
But we do work for another company that has got an account and asked them to get a price , And they were quoted £195+vat aswell they were told no discount because they never bought the chiller off them.

Why are fosters making it so difficult to get spares,
It cant be doing there bussiness much good.

Chris. :confused:

foster have been very clever in keeping the money rolling in over the years. The price of cabinets has been quite cheap in line with other UK manufacturers, the difference is Fosters are ripping off the trade for spares and always have done. Their spares sales generate a more profitable income than their cabinet sales.

That nice new looking cabinet with curved and funny shaped controllers is just a means of foster making you buy their own spares at inflated costs.

We have a trade account with Fosters but still only get 15% off list, so we don't buy much other than door seals, for controllers we buy off Hawco same controllers different badge.

Long may other manufacturers triumph over Foster refrigerator, our customers think we're ripping them off when we quote foster prices for spares.

My 2009 resolution don't deal with fosters unless we have no alternative:(

wilks
15-01-2009, 10:23 PM
i know its a load of messing wiring and stuff , but why dont you put a dixell on or similar with a 16amp relay ? get rid of there pcb an stuff , dont know wether the dixell fits into the oval display ? worth ago

wilks
15-01-2009, 10:26 PM
take it that its sorted , being last may in all .Il have to stat looking at these posting dates!