PDA

View Full Version : New to supermarket pack

matt.yelland
24-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Hello, my first post here....:o

Ive been in the industry for about 8 years, working on small refrigeration equipment, but have moved onto pack systems....:confused:

My question is...

Can anybody give me any good websites / information about pack systems?

I have googled, but get a lot of crud information

Many thanks

Chunk
24-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Hi Matt

Click on the supermarket forum on this site and you will see a thread called rack/pack service manuals posted by Peter_1 it has some good info.

Tell us what machines you are working on and i might have some literature kicking around.:D

chillin out
24-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Look and learn is the only way.
When on site have a good look at the equipment and try to understand what each part does. Once that is mastered the rest is easy peasy.

Chillin:):)

Mark
25-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Hello, my first post here....:o

Ive been in the industry for about 8 years, working on small refrigeration equipment, but have moved onto pack systems....:confused:

My question is...

Can anybody give me any good websites / information about pack systems?

I have googled, but get a lot of crud information

Many thanks

Hi Matt
If you go on the Supermarket Forum in the Practical refrigeration section, then at the bottom - display options - from the beginning all information will be displayed from when the Supermarket section opened.There are many links and handy threads to get you started.
Hope this helps.
Mark:):)

Brian_UK
25-04-2008, 09:01 PM
You can also get a lot of information from the Sporlan/Parker website such as here...

http://www.parker.com/portal/site/PARKER/menuitem.734d2913eb3c11da13576f849420d1ca/?vgnextoid=d195f87357e28110VgnVCM10000048021dacRCRD&vgnextfmt=default&division=528d84aa40701110VgnVCM10000048021dacRCRD&literaturetype=Technical%20/%20Service&searchAttr=searchResult&languages=EN&parentCh=Division#results

A supermarket pipeline for example...

http://www.parker.com/literature/Sporlan/Sporlan%20pdf%20files/Sporlan%20pdf%20Educational/5-180.pdf

http://www.parker.com/literature/Sporlan/Sporlan%20pdf%20files/Sporlan%20pdf%20Educational/5-180.pdf

US Iceman
25-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Another thing to remember is; just because there are more than one compressor on a rack doesn't mean it operates any differently than a single compressor system.

You have multiple circuits in parallel with a bunch of pressure regulators and some controls. A little more complicated but essentially the same as a single compressor system.

Don't let all of the equipment get you excited.;)

matt.yelland
25-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Many thanks for the replys all...

I will have a look at the web sites and links. I have been on the supermarket forum, found it very helpful, didnt find any lit yet, but will look into it.

Im working at coldservices, so anything good you might have to share mark, many thanks.

Had a few problems with an oil seperature getting blocked, took out compressor 2 on a 3 comp LT system.

Many thanks

matt.yelland
25-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Hi Chunk,

Just found the thread, got some good bed time reading to do....

Thank you very much

Mark
26-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Many thanks for the replys all...

I will have a look at the web sites and links. I have been on the supermarket forum, found it very helpful, didnt find any lit yet, but will look into it.

Im working at coldservices, so anything good you might have to share mark, many thanks.

Had a few problems with an oil seperature getting blocked, took out compressor 2 on a 3 comp LT system.

Many thanks

Matt,

I hope you are settling in ok at Coldservice :)

All the best

Mark:)