PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother is watching

frank
20-04-2008, 05:32 PM
It won't be long!!! :eek::D

http://aclu.org/pizza/images/screen.swf

nike123
20-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Yes, scary things are waiting us in the future. But some are already here. We already have "looking in the pictures" delicti in our legislative and very soon we could expect "thinking" delicti.:eek:

Chunk
20-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Very funny,i hope it does`nt happen too soon as that seemed like she was talking about me!!:D

monkey spanners
20-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Mmm, sprouts:D

Karl Hofmann
20-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Yeah but this Orwellian crap is no Joke http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/default.asp?storyId=17899

slingblade
21-04-2008, 02:07 AM
Yeah but this Orwellian crap is no Joke http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/default.asp?storyId=17899

Good god, i hope not. i need to drive my four wheel toolbox around the uk. what does the government think will happen when every motorist is banned, it will put the rozzers and their expensive cameras out of business. rsoles.:mad:

US Iceman
21-04-2008, 02:08 AM
It's interesting to note the thoughts on government being more capable of protecting us, than us protecting ourselves. Placing the dependency on politicians to do the right thing because they are elected is transferring all responsibility for their actions.

Orwell may have been closer than most of us would like to admit, but then again...if we don't like the laws or the ways and means of politicians maybe they should be recalled or voted out.

It is also interesting to note the clip was from the ACLU, which is more guilty of changing our way of life than protecting it. My thoughts only and this is the last comment I make on this.

slingblade
21-04-2008, 02:28 AM
It's interesting to note the thoughts on government being more capable of protecting us, than us protecting ourselves. Placing the dependency on politicians to do the right thing because they are elected is transferring all responsibility for their actions.

Orwell may have been closer than most of us would like to admit, but then again...if we don't like the laws or the ways and means of politicians maybe they should be recalled or voted out.

It is also interesting to note the clip was from the ACLU, which is more guilty of changing our way of life than protecting it. My thoughts only and this is the last comment I make on this.

Sorry mate i have no idea what you are talking about. i know who George Orwell was but i live in England and was commenting on the introduction of speed cameras througout the uk. i have no idea what the ACLU is but i think bruce willis may have had a problem with them in die hard 2.
As i type peter ebdon has gone through to round 2. i think ill bang a fiver on the rocket tommorow.

Im sure you are correct though, as ever.:)

dsp
21-04-2008, 02:47 AM
Brilliant....

Karl Hofmann
21-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Good god, i hope not. i need to drive my four wheel toolbox around the uk. what does the government think will happen when every motorist is banned, it will put the rozzers and their expensive cameras out of business. rsoles.:mad:

Hmmm Think I'm gonna go out with a screw driver one night and swipe a set of plates of a Polish car... The Rozzers can do nothing about them.. Then off to the shed to build a James Bond style rotating numberplate thingy..

I used to do everything by the book but it almost seems that these days we get taxed for even more than we can earn...

I think that these days the Pikeys have the right idea.. Live on a mobile phone, cash...NO cheques.. No income tax, no VAT, no money back no Guarantee....:D

frank
21-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Hmmm Think I'm gonna go out with a screw driver one night and swipe a set of plates of a Polish car... The Rozzers can do nothing about them.. Then off to the shed to build a James Bond style rotating numberplate thingy..

I used to do everything by the book but it almost seems that these days we get taxed for even more than we can earn...

I think that these days the Pikeys have the right idea.. Live on a mobile phone, cash...NO cheques.. No income tax, no VAT, no money back no Guarantee....:D

Hi Karl

Where did you nick your new sense of humour from mate? :D:D

Your reply made me laugh anyway :)

Karl Hofmann
21-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Hi Karl

Where did you nick your new sense of humour from mate? :D:D

Your reply made me laugh anyway :)

Ha Ha Ha .. I think that I've always had it but it seems to have been hidden over the last fifteen years whilst I have worried about day to day life... I have recently discovered the principal of "Couldn't give a monkeys uncle" Which I shall have printed as a self help book and sell to stressed Americans... Oh another thing that I have studied and found that helps is, as you have discovered Frank, is decent ale. A few weeks ago I managed four pints of St Petersberg, got very giggly and sung a silly song about a Gnome....All the way home :D

nike123
21-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Oh another thing that I have studied and found that helps is, as you have discovered Frank, is decent ale. A few weeks ago I managed four pints of St Petersberg, got very giggly and sung a silly song about a Gnome....All the way home :D

That is old Bavarian recipe for happiness and possibly some Bavarian genes are waking up in you!;):D
Prost!

Karl Hofmann
22-04-2008, 12:14 AM
That is old Bavarian recipe for happiness and possibly some Bavarian genes are waking up in you!;):D
Prost!

I think that you could be right, Nike... My mum is Bavarian. Lets hope that I don't develop a hankering for wearing Lederhosen... :eek:

fowlie
22-04-2008, 11:22 PM
ive seen these cameras on road works,but all folk do is speed through the first camera and sit behind your van at the next camera so they dont get ure reg.but bikers dont get caught as they dont have number plates on the front they go up the a77 one finger up at the cameras.