PDA

View Full Version : Moving over to the dark side

marc5180
19-03-2008, 08:05 PM
I've been in the game now 6 years mostly doing A/C but i dont seem to be able to make enough money from it.
At our company there isnt that much weekend or evening work... theres the odd weekend install but not often enough, the most of my overtime is travelling time. I'm at a stage in my life where i am still quite young 28 and i want to earn as much as possible to put towards paying off my mortgage asap before kids come along because i'd imagine then i will want to spend as much time at home with the family.
I've been thinking of getting into refrigeration because i have heard that the earning potential is great. I don't mind being on call or working long hours but is it as easy as just "switching"?
What are the differences and does anyone want to offer me a job:D

Chunk
19-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Hi Marc

Yeah its all the same principles but just dirtier.Just find a reputable company to work for and most wont throw you in the deep end to start with.
It all depends on what you want to do,there are a lot of supermarket companies out there desperate for engineers,but if you are interested into getting into the bigger stuff as i am,it is a lot harder to get a job without knowledge in that field.

If you dont mind overtime and some long hours,supermarkets would be the next stepping stone as you cover domestics,light commercial,a/c and the occasional delivery lorry if they are desperate,and whatever else they want to throw at you.
Its done me proud for 11 years.

Good luck.

richardb14
19-03-2008, 10:28 PM
im moving to supermarket - for the money :)

and the car! lol

The Viking
19-03-2008, 10:34 PM
im moving to supermarket - for the money :)

Good for you...

and the car! lol

Ooops,

You just lost £300+ per month!

Good luck,

richardb14
20-03-2008, 07:51 AM
Good for you...

Ooops,

You just lost £300+ per month!

Good luck,

but im gaining £12k a year :p

taz24
20-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi Marc

Just find a reputable company to work for and most wont throw you in the deep end to start with.

Good luck.

Reputable company Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Don't make me laugh
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha

No stop it your killing me

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Look there a pig flying:D:D:D:D:D

Cheers taz.

Ps only kidding. There are some good companies out there but to some you are just a number in the human resources deptartment.

All the best taz.

marc5180
20-03-2008, 11:53 AM
12K:eek::eek: Now that what i'm talking about. Can you get me a job:D

The MG Pony
20-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Ps only kidding. There are some good companies out there but to some you are just a number in the human resources deptartment.

All the best taz.

JUST ONE? Dam sign me up, I'd settle for just one! ;)

Chunk
20-03-2008, 05:49 PM
I was trying to get Marc to think that there are some good companies out there.

If i said they were all sh1t he might think twice about becoming a sith lord.

Of course he might be lucky and find a good one,there is always hope.

Grizzly
20-03-2008, 11:11 PM
The best tip I can give is!
Go to a company where you know someone,
That way you have someone you can phone for a bouyancy aid.
When they throw you in at the deep end!!

And the best answer to give is!

I don't know it all! But I am very keen to learn!

NOT: Oh yes I know all that!
Cheers grizzly