PDA

View Full Version : rooftop York

gramcor
28-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Hello
I have problems with York rooftop , model B3IH240G50 . One compressor of the tandem compressors unit is defect (electrical problems - 0 ohm to ground ).
I want to now if is necessary to change the tandem or is possible to replace only the broken compressor ?
For client is very expensive tandem compressors replacements.
Compressors model is Bristol H75D12QDBEJ .
Thanks
Gramcor

Grizzly
28-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Hello
I have problems with York rooftop , model B3IH240G50 . One compressor of the tandem compressors unit is defect (electrical problems - 0 ohm to ground ).
I want to now if is necessary to change the tandem or is possible to replace only the broken compressor ?
For client is very expensive tandem compressors replacements.
Compressors model is Bristol H75D12QDBEJ .
Thanks
Gramcor

Gramcor I will speak to one of my contacts. But i assume you should be able to exchange the Motor Stator rather than the complete Compressor.
Give me a few days ( to ask around) and I will get back to you.
Grizzlyhttp://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

gramcor
28-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Gramcor I will speak to one of my contacts. But i assume you should be able to exchange the Motor Stator rather than the complete Compressor.
Give me a few days ( to ask around) and I will get back to you.
Grizzlyhttp://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Thanks , Grizzly but this is hermetic compressor model . I change one Copeland digital scroll compressor in tandem in an VRV Mideea equipment , and work OK , but i dont have enough informations in this directions. Maybe i make a wrong procedure ?
Gramcor

Grizzly
28-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Thanks , Grizzly but this is hermetic compressor model . I change one Copeland digital scroll compressor in tandem in an VRV Mideea equipment , and work OK , but i dont have enough informations in this directions. Maybe i make a wrong procedure ?
Gramcor
No problem I will still see what I can find out!
Grizzly

nike123
28-02-2008, 10:40 PM
From compressor model no., we could see that is suitable for solo and tandem use. Than, there is no reason why you should not change only defected compressor.
On the other hand, that replacement compressor should be exactly same model no. in order to tandem work without problems.

gramcor
29-02-2008, 07:45 AM
From compressor model no., we could see that is suitable for solo and tandem use. Than, there is no reason why you should not change only defected compressor.
On the other hand, that replacement compressor should be exactly same model no. in order to tandem work without problems.

Thanks
I make single compressor replacement.
Best regards
Gramcor

nike123
29-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks
I make single compressor replacement.
Best regards
Gramcor

Just reminder, make sure that you check oil acidity in remained compressor and if necessary install suction line acid removing filter driers as well as new liquid line filter driers.
Then check again after some time state of oil and pressure drop across filters and act accordingly.

Best regards,

Nike.

gramcor
29-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Just reminder, make sure that you check oil acidity in remained compressor and if necessary install suction line acid removing filter driers as well as new liquid line filter driers.
Then check again after some time state of oil and pressure drop across filters and act accordingly.

Best regards,

Nike.

Thanks ,
i check it.
Best regards
Gramcor