PDA

View Full Version : TXV choke

sun tun oo
26-02-2008, 04:39 AM
Dear All
Now I am facing a problem.A reefer of Carrier transicold seems to be choke "cause filter dryer outlet line is frosted. The unit had got replaced a new txv, compressor oil refilled,and refrigerant recharged.Previous problem is low oil level,compressor vibrates,wrong refrigerant, compressor slugging, suction pressure fluctuation.
With many thanks
Sun Tun Oo

powell
26-02-2008, 05:10 AM
Dear All
Now I am facing a problem.A reefer of Carrier transicold seems to be choke "cause filter dryer outlet line is frosted. The unit had got replaced a new txv, compressor oil refilled,and refrigerant recharged.Previous problem is low oil level,compressor vibrates,wrong refrigerant, compressor slugging, suction pressure fluctuation.
With many thanks
Sun Tun Oo

Well first, the drier is plugged and acting as the metering device. Time to replace it. I would advise replacing it with a larger cubic inch drier, there must be a lot of debris in the system. I would also advise you to install a suction filter/drier to protect the compressor........with the intent of going back and removing it after the system is clean. And of course changing the LLD again.

The way I read your comments, the system now has the correct refrigerant in it. But you stated it was originally low on oil. If you didn't see an oil leak then the oil was probably trapped in the evaporator. It will eventually return to the compressor and cause trouble. After you get the system up and running again, watch the oil level and remove any excess if necessary.

Nitin_india
26-02-2008, 05:15 AM
Seems System Drier is real culprit......need to chane this and attach one filter also in Inline

absolute-zero
27-02-2008, 08:01 AM
I agree, liquid line drier restriction,

See manual in attacment to clean up the sytem.

Carrier Refrigeration System Clean-up.pdf (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1901&d=1196430537)

sun tun oo
05-03-2008, 06:47 AM
Dear All
After clean up the system and filter drier renewal, the unit is in its optimum condition again.
Thank you very much
Sincerely
Sun

Kh1971
05-03-2008, 10:38 AM
thanks for the link and ifo please update us always with the good news

thanks again

powell
05-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Dear All
After clean up the system and filter drier renewal, the unit is in its optimum condition again.
Thank you very much
Sincerely
Sun

Good job Sun...............thanks for the update.;)

abbsnowman
04-04-2008, 06:18 AM
For future referance, I always like to run unit in heat for awhile to force oil back to compressor. Then you will have a better idea of what your oil charge realy is. I have seen units over charged with oil and its not pretty.:eek:

Fireblade02
04-04-2008, 08:30 PM
if you do not run unit for at least 30 minutes at +20 Celsius to give the oil chance to come back to compressor you don't have a really realistic chance to recognize the correct charge. I'd seen many systems overcharged with oil after repairing by garage who didn't check it out. mostly heat/ and defrostproblems but also compressorbreakdowns because of to much oil for the crankcase. :-)

abbsnowman
05-04-2008, 05:42 AM
if you do not run unit for at least 30 minutes at +20 Celsius to give the oil chance to come back to compressor you don't have a really realistic chance to recognize the correct charge. I'd seen many systems overcharged with oil after repairing by garage who didn't check it out. mostly heat/ and defrostproblems but also compressorbreakdowns because of to much oil for the crankcase. :-)
Thank you!;)