R404A must liquid charge.
1) How to liquid charge ?
2) How to know the charge is OK ?

nike123
15-02-2008, 07:50 AM
R404A must liquid charge.
1) How to liquid charge ?
2) How to know the charge is OK ?

1. Depends of refrigerant drum type. If it is without tube to the bottom (inside) then you need to turn it upside down. If it is with tube, then in normal position.
Check with sight glass in service manometer that is full with liquid. If you have liquid accumulator charge it in accumulator first and then top up on suction side carefully and with throttling (quick charger or with valve)
2. Charge by weight if it is known. If not, then charge by subcooling and superheat. Simulate low ambient conditions and ensure enough superheat and soubcooling.

Read this:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3xggwmbndxx

Achiel_refri
15-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Hi Ding Kangzhi,

Better you add one port access for charging and one handvalve on the liquid line, if you want to charge the system while shutdown, just charge in to the port access.

after you start the system and found that the liquid line sight glass has not full yet, so you close the hand valve and top up from the port while the pressure at that side lower than your refrigerant cylinder.

Make sure what is the working pressure that you use.

best regards,
Martua

Ding Kangzhi
19-02-2008, 04:59 AM
Thanks

I am informed that when charging R404A, the compressor can not shutdown, must running the compressor and using sight glass method to charge.

Can you tell me more about charge the sytem while shutdown ? Thanks

crazykev
19-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks

I am informed that when charging R404A, the compressor can not shutdown, must running the compressor and using sight glass method to charge.

Can you tell me more about charge the sytem while
shutdown ? Thanks

Use only this method ,while shutdown is when your commissioning a new system or your lost the entire gas charge ...and your evacuated the system.While in vacuum & charge to full sightglass.

Overwise , if its screw compressor just put your 60 kg bottle on the suction & let it go.

Recip compressor , you need tread with alittle more caution & watch your discharge temperature ..Plus
too much liquid refrigerant in your sump with an oil pump .You would lose your compressor on oil pressure switch.
I have re -top up 400 kilo systems ,this method on 404a.

paul_h
19-02-2008, 11:54 AM
does it have a liquid reciever and sightglass?
Or is a a critcal charge system, ie no liquid reciever?

Ding Kangzhi
21-02-2008, 02:43 AM
does it have a liquid reciever and sightglass?
Or is a a critcal charge system, ie no liquid reciever?
There are sightglass and water cooled condensor in system.

Philip
22-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Is it a new installed cold room???

saud khan
24-02-2008, 01:18 AM
can anyone tell me what does a pp fault mean on a carel control

nike123
24-02-2008, 01:33 AM
What Carel model are you referring to?

Ding Kangzhi
26-02-2008, 02:23 AM
Is it a new installed cold room???
It is both new installed and repair after leakage

dr_ace_2008
18-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi Ding Kangzhi,

Better you add one port access for charging and one handvalve on the liquid line, if you want to charge the system while shutdown, just charge in to the port access.

after you start the system and found that the liquid line sight glass has not full yet, so you close the hand valve and top up from the port while the pressure at that side lower than your refrigerant cylinder.

Make sure what is the working pressure that you use.

best regards,
Martua
hallo boss martua ??

where is your position now??
iran,,singapore,,or batam
are yoy still in viking
sorry if i'm knowing the wrong guy,,

ady simamora

riddhisiddhi
05-02-2009, 04:32 PM

hi,
pp means probe fail (temp sensor) of controller

Greajh
27-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Im working in hospital we have Nuaire-86'c freezer with 2 stage compressor.Do you have any idea on how to charge R404,R134A/R508,R134A are they mixed up when charging pls help me?

thanks and more power,

monkey spanners
27-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Im working in hospital we have Nuaire-86'c freezer with 2 stage compressor.Do you have any idea on how to charge R404,R134A/R508,R134A are they mixed up when charging pls help me?

thanks and more power,

Try contacting the manufacturers, they should be able to help with you with information.

charlie patt
28-12-2010, 03:42 PM

thanks and more power,
you have a cascade system one refrigerant isthe others condensor start with the lest efficient refrigerant and work up these refrigerants are not mixed they are seperate do not mix at any cost all ref should be labelled on machine and watch the very low temp ref they can have high head pressure