PDA

View Full Version : Small Hot Gas Control System

Inalex
05-02-2008, 11:10 AM
I am looking for a controller to implement hot gas defrost in large domestic fridges and freezers. Something with a decent track record for reliability.
I have found lots of systems for large scale industrial or Aircon but these are massive overkill.

Some comment on small scale valves etc. would also be useful. I know that a number of the bigger catering fridges have a hot gas system fitted, I haven't ever worked with these, anyone had problems with smaller hot gas defrost?

Finally, I had planned to implement it with a Danfos variable speed butane comp. anyone tried this? Danfos say it will work but some experience would be handy.

I am aiming for an efficient system with higher reliability than the average domestic.

Thanks for everyone’s time.

nike123
05-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Look at this controller, affordable and reliable:
http://tinyurl.com/2m829w

its
05-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Hi there

I would suggest looking up on the danfoss series of controllers, as some of them do have a defrost termination sensor to elemenate the risk of cabinet tempreture going above -2 degrees celcius.Danfoss
is a reputable product and I strongly doubt that you should have any problems with the product.

louis
ITS
South Africa

nike123
05-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Hi there

I would suggest looking up on the danfoss series of controllers, as some of them do have a defrost termination sensor to elemenate the risk of cabinet tempreture going above -2 degrees celcius.Danfoss
is a reputable product and I strongly doubt that you should have any problems with the product.

louis
ITS
South Africa

Do you have any model name to recommend? I ask, because I don't know any Danfoss electronic nor mechanical controller for domestic refrigerator who has hot gas defrost function.

Inalex
07-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the unit details for the Dixell, I have sent off for a detailed spec sheet. I have tried Danfos and they came up with nothing, however I will try again with a direct call to tech. and see.