PDA

View Full Version : Manual Honeywell Coolmaster

koelie
25-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Hallo, I am new here, and already a question.
I bought a second hand Honeywell Coolmaster HCL-140E, and don't know if the condensor can be disconnected without loosing the gas.
Best solution is that somebody can send me a copy of the manual.
All search on user manual sites are without any result.

Brian_UK
25-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi Koelie and welcome to the forum.

Don't know this unit but it is unlikely that you can disconnect anything without losing the gas.

Do you have a problem with it ?

PS. I couldn't find anything apart from an Italian forum which discussed it.

nike123
25-01-2008, 09:45 PM

Best solution is, that you call somebody who lives of that.;)

koelie
26-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Technician can alway be called as a last solution, what is this Forum for? I have no problem with it, I bought it 2nd hand and need to install it in my home. To avoid making large opening in the outside wall to pass the condenser, its better to disconnect it, and pass the tubes throug the wall.
Modern aircos have self closing connections, but how modern is mine?

nike123
26-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Technician can alway be called as a last solution, what is this Forum for?

This forum is, as his name said, for refrigeration engineers, and not for DIY-ers.
Personally, I am DiY-er too, but this discipline is pretty difficult for DIY-er because of complexity, range of needed theoretical knowledge ,experience and specialized tools.You could keep trying, but possible damage, injuries, failure rate, expenses, etc... don't justifying that effort.
It is not same working on peace of furniture or painting a wall and fiddle with fine balanced and tuned refrigeration system.

That is mobile air conditioner, and as such, should have quick coupling, but you never know is it going to keep pressure once disconnected.

koelie
26-01-2008, 05:03 PM
On my job, I worked with a propylene cooling machine of 11.000hp an etylene cooler of 5000hp, that cooled to -100°C. So am familiar, with the principle of a Linde system. But that doesn't help me any further with my question..

nike123
26-01-2008, 05:15 PM
On my job, I worked with a propylene cooling machine of 11.000hp an etylene cooler of 5000hp, that cooled to -100°C. So am familiar, with the principle of a Linde system. But that doesn't help me any further with my question..

Then you know what am I talking about!
Sorry, I was thinking that you are end user without knowledge of refrigeration.:o
Take picture of couplings and post here link to that picture. Than, we are going to be able to tell you is it possible to disconnect it without recovering refrigerant.

koelie
28-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Sorry, I can only place URL after 15 posts :eek:

nike123
28-01-2008, 08:52 PM
You always can mask HTTP and www with some other leters and describe that in post

Example: hzzp//:UUU.sample.url

Brian_UK
28-01-2008, 09:04 PM
This is because the forum does get attacked by various people trying to corrupt the site. Genuine users soon get over the post limit :)

nike123
28-01-2008, 09:52 PM

And you are already make 14 posts.:D
You need just one to be able to post.
Why don't you make some haiku poetry for us!:D:D

koelie
28-01-2008, 10:15 PM
these are the connections on the condensor of my A/C. Disconnectable without loss of gasfilling or not, thats the question?

http://foto.modelbouwforum.nl/displayimage.php?album=317&pos=2

Brian_UK
28-01-2008, 10:47 PM
I recognise those connectors but am unable to confirm that they are self-sealing.

Some connectors are a one-shot seal.

Sorry, can't help.

nike123
28-01-2008, 10:55 PM
I think they are Hansen quick couplings and they are self sealing.

http://coupling.tuthill.com/Support/PDF%27s/WA10000.pdf

koelie
29-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the answers. Soon I will give it a go, I don't feel to cut out the wall for hanging the condensor out.
It is not an option to hang the condensor out of the window, its in a country house, and I have to take it back in every weekend. That will ruin the connection tubes fast.
Follows in a few weeks.

Johanna123
29-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Hallo, I am new here, and already a question.
I bought a second hand Honeywell Coolmaster HCL-140E, and don't know if the condensor can be disconnected without loosing the gas.
All search on user manual sites are without any result.
Hey there!

I have the same problem. In other words - I need the manual for the "Coolmaster Honeywell HCL - 140 E"...

OR at least at the moment I need the information concerning the refrigerant for the above mentioned machine.

Do you (dear people) know WHERE in that machine (= air cooler) you put the REFRIGERANT...?! (Type: R 22)

If you know, can you please answer as SOON as possible...thanks...!

Yours,

Johanna

nike123
05-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Hey there!

I have the same problem. In other words - I need the manual for the "Coolmaster Honeywell HCL - 140 E"...

OR at least at the moment I need the information concerning the refrigerant for the above mentioned machine.

Do you (dear people) know WHERE in that machine (= air cooler) you put the REFRIGERANT...?! (Type: R 22)

If you know, can you please answer as SOON as possible...thanks...!

Yours,

Johanna

If you don't know to find that port, then, it is better for you, to consider not doing anything with that machine without supervision of someone who knows what he is doing.