PDA

View Full Version : Ho Ho Ho, everyone..

The Viking
19-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Merry festivities everybody.

Regardless of Faith, Religion, Colour, gender or place of birth, I wish you all the very best for the festive season and the new year to come.

For a look at London in a festive costume have a look at my updated website HERE (www.the-viking.eu/index).

All the best,

The Viking
:)

Karl Hofmann
19-12-2007, 01:19 PM
You have some stunning pictures there Viking.

One issue though, if Hindus can say Happy Divali and Muslims can say Eid Mubarrak, then why can we not say Merry Christmas?

....There I've said it :D

chillin out
19-12-2007, 02:16 PM
What do I win???
http://i7.tinypic.com/8g9h10p.jpg
Glad to see you finally got your site up and running.

Chillin:):)

The Viking
19-12-2007, 02:26 PM
OK Karl, I will say it too...

GOD JUL
(but if I said that in the first post you wouldn't have understood me)

Chillin,

Someone been bussy then, over 120 hits in 14 Hrs.... But Ok, you come down to Surrey and I will buy you a pint.:D

BTW, I actually got paid to take all those "night time" photos on my site.:D
(As they all were taken whilst I were attending call outs:()

chillin out
19-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Chillin,

Someone been bussy then, over 120 hits in 14 Hrs.... But Ok, you come down to Surrey and I will buy you a pint.:D
I must admit I done the last 14 of them, the trouble with the counter is that every time you reload a page or move between the pages it adds another click to the total.
So 120 clicks in 14 hours isn't that much anyway.

Chillin:):)

Grizzly
19-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Merry festivities everybody.

Regardless of Faith, Religion, Colour, gender or place of birth, I wish you all the very best for the festive season and the new year to come.

All the best,

The Viking
:)

Viking.
Irrespective of wether you live in Newbury or Surrey (It would be nice to know because we are all nosey- well at least I am)
Thanks for the sentiment. And I hope ALL who frequent this forum has a good break and More Importantly a prosperous New Year.

Grizzlyhttp://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

The Viking
19-12-2007, 07:38 PM
OK,
For the record,
The company I work for is based in Thatcham (Newbury, Berkshire)
I Live in Camberley (Surrey)

But that still doesn't make me English (I Hope!), hence my "handle".

Brian_UK
20-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Yes, seasons greetings Viking and everyone else as well.

Good set of photos Viking, are you vertically challenged at all ? Seeing the small set of steps at the back of your vehicle made me wonder ;)

Grizzly
20-12-2007, 12:43 AM
Viking I am intreaged as to what software you used to transplant your personalised copyright logo onto the photo's. Plus what make was the badly parked chiller?
Grizzly

The Viking
20-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Good set of photos Viking, are you vertically challenged at all ? Seeing the small set of steps at the back of your vehicle made me wonder ;)Thank you. No not vertically challenged, they are the right size to carry up 12 flights of stairs and then reach the wall-mounted units inside the mobile phone networks' sub stations.:D

Viking I am intreaged as to what software you used to transplant your personalised copyright logo onto the photo's. Plus what make was the badly parked chiller?Photoshop, but you should be able to use almost any photo editing software. The trick is to create the "logo" and than print it to PDF, selecting the option of "clear background"(or whatever it might be called in your PDF creator, it is really there to give you a smaller file size). Then you just import it to your photo editor.

The chiller is a Hitachi, I'm quite partial to them.
That photo was taken in W9 (Central London for the rest of you), the lorries collecting the old chillers were delayed and the lorry delivering the replacement were early, so instead of keeping him waiting we of loaded him and put the chiller on that parking space.
Before the other lorries arrived around mid day, 4 lots of parking attendants had looked at it but not knowing where to stick the ticket, they just shook their heads and went away:D:D:D

Grizzly
20-12-2007, 02:09 AM
Isn't it free parking for "vehicles " that have low emissions.
Thanks for your reply.
Incidently I downloaded the Daikin Alarm codes file from your website earlier.
But I cannot open it because my system does not recognise the format it is in..... prc ??
Please can you advise.
Thanks Grizzly.

The Viking
20-12-2007, 02:16 AM
Incidently I downloaded the Daikin Alarm codes file from your website earlier.
But I cannot open it because my system does not recognise the format it is in..... prc ??
Please can you advise.
Thanks Grizzly.

That sounds like a typical failure to RTFM....

If you read the info, you would have seen that it's an Mobipocket file and you will need the mobipocket reader to open it.

The good thing with that is that it's free and works on a variety of platforms (mobile phones, pdas, PC, Mack).

Just go to www.mobipocket.com and download it (or you could follow the link from my site)

:D

Grizzly
20-12-2007, 02:29 AM
Yes definately a case of RTFM.
done as you suggested. dyslexics rule ko.
TTFN.
Grizzly.