PDA

View Full Version : g'day

freigo
18-12-2007, 01:09 PM
hi, came across this site while doing a google search. What a fantastic site with so much info and resources.
Just came off the tools and doing a desk job, which is estimating.Getting too old to be up on the roof and crawling in ceiling space:eek:

Cheers

Grizzly
18-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Greetings freigo.
Unususal handle you have there any explaination?
Also you wouldn't like take pity on us pom's. With a little sunshine would you?
The brass monkeys are stating to get cold over here.
Mind you some of our colleagues are getting it a little rough in the Noth America's.
Given the huge distances you guys (Australian Engineers) cover. Whats the favored mode of transport?
Cheers Grizzly http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

nh3wizard
18-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Welcome to RE freigo, I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have.

Giannis
18-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Some times many for many stupid thing you have to pay ! And you also spend hour to find something in search engines and pay a lot for a small stupid article.

Here in RE You can find anything FREE , make good friends and find solutions for many years problems.

THANK YOU RE

Brian_UK
18-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Welcome Freigo, sit back, enjoy but don't nod off.;)

Jeeez at 45 he thinks that he's too old; no you're never too old to get grief in this trade.:D

PaulZ
19-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Hi freigo I did the same thing about 12 years ago but still get to go on roofs and crawl over plants and love it. Some people say the only time I get my hands dirty is when I fall over. [you're never too old to get grief in this trade.] Never a truer word spoken Brian Paul

paul_h
19-12-2007, 02:26 PM
G'day.
Just left the tools for a desk job hey?
I'm not far from doing that. I'm ageing prematurely do to the stuff I have to do I think.

Today was spent unblocking drains, talking up **** to people unhappy with their broken a/c (nothing to do with me, we didn't build it, sell it or install it, I just have to put up with them).

That and following the apprentice who has his own van, he thinks every fridge breakdown is a faulty heater. Even though the heater works and is not shorted/open circuit.
Might have to buy him a new multimeter for christmas.

edit: I'm going to make him a diagnostic tool as well.
It will have a dial you spin and it will randomly select "indoor PCB", "Outdoor PCB", "thermistors", "fan motors", "compressor". There may be a better strike rate on getting things right with a wheel to spin, and "heaters" won't be an option either.

I'm getting too old for this domestic/commercial stuff, I need to find a good plantroom or office to retire in :)

PaulZ
19-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Hi paul h
When yo make that diagnostic tool can you send me one.
You are probably right about fridiges ageing prematurely. I must admit once I stopped doing domestic / light commercial and got into industrial / large commercial I wouldn't swap it for quids.
Paul

freigo
20-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys!

I hear you Paul_h and that was part of my decision to get off the tools. Found out, having a desk job is something to get used to...ie, talking to irate customers on the phone and being in an office for hours. Really miss being out there...if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I also forgot to mention I did some time as an electrical draftsman and that is what I really like doing.

Grizzly: my handle is just a nick my bro gave me when I was a kid...not sure what it meant but it stuck.

Cheers