PDA

View Full Version : Your Company Christmas Card

Brian_UK
18-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Received a Christmas card from the company yesterday.

Ahhh, that's nice you think. :)

Open it up and after the greeting is a survey to fill in and return :confused::eek:

Now, admittedly the back half of the card is the survey and the prepaid return address but it's a bit cheapskate to my mind.

Anybody else had a "fun" card from their firm?

chillin out
18-12-2007, 01:09 AM
LOL.... thats a good one..

Can't believe they would do that.

Chillin:):)

nh3wizard
18-12-2007, 03:34 PM
I get a card every year, I keep hoping for something extra to fall out:( Oh well, better luck next year:)

Chicharronne
18-12-2007, 05:46 PM
here's my card I send out.

monkey spanners
18-12-2007, 07:03 PM
I got one from a customer saying "please come back and fix my fridge":rolleyes:

thebigcheese
18-12-2007, 09:24 PM
yea i got a card with my 100pound bonus in it comes in handy this time of year

taz24
19-12-2007, 12:54 AM

Open it up and after the greeting is a survey to fill in and return :confused::eek:

Now, admittedly the back half of the card is the survey and the prepaid return address but it's a bit cheapskate to my mind.

Nice one.
I'd be tempted to go to pound world and buy 50 of the cheapest paper thin cards for a pound.
Then send one to the company in the pre paid envolope, wishing them a merry christmas too.

taz.

chillin out
19-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Nice one.
I'd be tempted to go to pound world and buy 50 of the cheapest paper thin cards for a pound.
Then send one to the company in the pre paid envolope, wishing them a merry christmas too.

taz.
I would have been even more tempted to buy the biggest and heaviest card and used the pre-paid envelope to send it.
Quite sure the pre-paid frank would not cover the postage cost so they would have to pay extra....lol

Grizzly
19-12-2007, 07:11 PM

Brian.
Similar story here. I was sent a Christmas E Card by my boss.
Addressed to me via my personal home email address.
Copying in virtually all of our customer base.
As grizzly isthe first word of my email and my sirname is Adams.
It's not difficult for anyone to work out who's email
address it is!
I though you wern't supposed to give out personal details?

chillin out
19-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Brian.
Similar story here. I was sent a Christmas E Card by my boss.
Addressed to me via my personal home email address.
Copying in virtually all of our customer base.
As grizzly isthe first word of my email and my sirname is Adams.
It's not difficult for anyone to work out who's email
address it is!
I though you wern't supposed to give out personal details?
LOL... watch out for x-mas day and new years eve... they will all be sending you a e-mail requesting a service call.

Good luck....but I think I would be changing my e-mail address though

Brian_UK
20-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Grizzly, you need to teach them how to use the 'blind copy' function of email just before you sue the pants off them for breaching your 'uman rights.

Grizzly
20-12-2007, 12:57 AM
But I ain't 'uman I's an Engineer. Or at least that how I think they (those that must be obeyed) think of us sometimes.
Sad I know but sometimes my bosses forget that some of us have not only been there Wev'e Still got the T shirts!
On a lighter note my boss did appologise profusely, SO next time I **** up were even arn't we!
ANYWAYS I use mailwasher, so I can view my mail before it's opened by my browser and there is a nice big bounce button. ( bounces the email back to the originator as if my email address is redundant.
Brilliant fun when dealing with spam.
Cheers Grizzlyhttp://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif