PDA

View Full Version : cooler control

jayjay
08-12-2007, 08:18 PM
I asked this before and was hoping someone may have used this controller. I liked the idea of using the outside winter air to keep the walkin cold. The FREEAIRE system has this all set up in its controller. Has anyone used this unit? http://www.freeaire.com/
Your suggestions last time was the Dixcell controller. was a bit expensive.
Thanks

Brian_UK
08-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Looks interesting, how much cheaper is it than the Dixell controller that you were looking at?

Toolman
08-12-2007, 11:42 PM
That Freeaire thing looks good, its not for most of Australia though , maybe just in the snowy mountains for a few months .
You say its cheaper than a Dixell ? I dont know which Dixell you referring to but they are
pretty cheap normally GEEZ it must be CHEAP !!!

jayjay
09-12-2007, 04:52 AM
I was looking at the xweb500. The two units are about the same cost. But when I add all the controllers the dixcell people said I need it doubles the price. Maybe the xweb can do the same thing? Is shutting the evaoporator fans down or slowing them down worth it? I would only be able to use the free air unit 2 months out of the year i'm guessing. But if I can keep the compressor off for two months thats gotta add up.

Toolman
10-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Well 2 months isnt worth putting in a seperate system . but you said it was cheap , how cheap ??
If you want to pull outside air thats cold enough to do the job into the room for a 2 month period all you need to do is install a fan on the wall push the cold air in and pull out the equivalent volume of air . Dont forget you will ned to close these opening off when they arent being used .
Also dont forget to turn off the refrigeration system for that time.
I guess if the freeaire system ties it all in together and does it automatically its probably worth installing it , as someone has worked it all out for you already.

jayjay
11-12-2007, 03:20 AM
The freeaire will shut the units down. Can I get the dixcell xweb 500 to do the same thing automaticlly?
read outside temp, open louver, turn on fan, shut off compressor, then when temp rises outside do it all in reverse. the free aire is $1600

kooler
11-12-2007, 08:45 PM
I've used this idea of free cooling but only on freezers, works dandy where I live altho' I did have to filter the incoming air from dust/silt and have a thermostat interrupt power to the defrost timer...

Toolman
12-12-2007, 12:53 AM
The freeaire will shut the units down. Can I get the dixcell xweb 500 to do the same thing automaticlly?
read outside temp, open louver, turn on fan, shut off compressor, then when temp rises outside do it all in reverse. the free aire is $1600

$1600 is a bit rude :eek:
but it sounds like a good idea especially if the Dixell is twice the price , so instead of messing about setting up your own system put the one in thats been done by others already .

Giannis
24-12-2007, 11:58 PM
$1600 is a bit rude :eek:
but it sounds like a good idea especially if the Dixell is twice the price , so instead of messing about setting up your own system put the one in thats been done by others already .

Dixell XWEB Costs about 800 Euros

jayjay
25-12-2007, 04:32 AM
I just found out the freeair can only handle one set up. So I may try the dixcell and hope fro the best. I'm guessing it should be able to do the same thing

frio
16-09-2008, 02:21 PM
dixell xweb costs about 800 euros
hello

can you let me know where i can find out dixell x web 500 in 800 euros ??

Thank you