View Full Version : Compressor Protection HBSO & HBSR Switches

29-11-2007, 04:54 AM
Hi guys, I work for an instrumentation firm in NZ and have been introduced to a couple of switching products that may be of use to you in the refrigeration field. They operate by a capacitance method and are made by Hans Buch in Denmark. They are the HBSO & HBSR switches.

I'm trying to work out if there is a marketplace for such products. The applications include:-

Control of Oil Return, CO2 Compressors
Alarm low Oil Level
Control lubricating of Screw Compressors
Hydraulic systems

R717 and all synthetic refrigerants
Control of Liquid injection
High/Low Level Alarm
Control of Water/brine Systems/applications

I am interested to know what you guys think about these products.

I hope you can help me out with feedback.

Thanks in advance

750 Valve
29-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Can you provide a link to some literature or post it here?

29-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the Info. Thats what the forum is all about.
The biggest promblem we have nowadays is " It's no use telling me their is a suitable component available. Have we got an account with them or 1 of their suppliers?"
It seems the bigger the company the bigger hassle.
We have even personally purchased items on our own credit cards before, to get around the problem.
Cheers Grizzlyhttp://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

29-11-2007, 09:13 PM
G'day 750 Valve and Grizzly.
First up I can't post a direct URL as yet until i accumulate 15 posts but if you go to w w w hbproducts.dk you can find the details there pretty easily. There is an English language site.
Shamelessly I'm trying to find out what sort of marketplace there is for these things.
Grizzly, I would imagine you can get them direct from Hans Buch but I'll find out who their UK agent is (if there is one). We've dealt with them for years (mutual supply & buy) and they've always been excellent. If you have any drama's getting hold of data / products, let me know.
As far as I am aware this product is pretty unique in its mode of operation and has been popular in the 'states and greater Europe.
Thanks again for the reply guys. Much appreciated.

750 Valve
30-11-2007, 07:51 AM
I had a look... to be honest your best bet would be with manufacturers, there are already switches that do the same duty but working on a different principle, you would be competing with them and it would likely come down to price.
A service mechanic will usually replace a faulty part with one similar to what is already there as he knows it will fit and work, this is why I say to contact the manufacturers.

02-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the reply 750. Can you give me a indication of what units the HBSO / HBSR units are competing with?
As I alluded to previously, we're not refrigeration experts so I'm trying to get a handle on whether its a viable product with a marketplace.
Again - I appreciate the reply.

750 Valve
03-12-2007, 09:59 AM
The majority of level switches I see out there for refrigerants are AC&R or Hansen, Traxoil make an oil level system, Burkert make fluid control switches, there are more - Danfoss and Parker (Sporlan) have products in this field too - google will help but you will have to do your research.

31-12-2007, 03:41 PM
thank you very much

17-11-2009, 10:03 PM
I know these switches we have them in our program. in 2010 the will be a additional one the 4-20 level switch. you are able to see your oil level form our control room.:p