PDA

View Full Version : osborne bottle/wine cooler

Andy AC
23-11-2007, 11:58 PM
Hello guys, today I had a look at a couple of osborne upright single door wine/bottle coolers with the condensers at low level on the front (exposed). The condenser looked fairly clean from the front but when I pulled the guts out from round the back to change the fan motor, the inner side of the condenser was chock a block with dust so the fan was blowing out towards the front through the coil. I thought these were supposed to pull through the coil from the front rather than blow through from the back, or am I being silly? I put the new motor in and it did exactly the same, looked at the other fridge and that did the same as well.
Am I being silly or is it the way they designed the upright ones?

Andy

Brian_UK
24-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Not always unusual, not smart but there you go - someone thought it was a good idea.

brunstar
24-11-2007, 02:16 PM
hey mate yeah it is a bit silly but makes sense really, it is designed to pull air over the compressor so you are not getting rid of the heat of compression over the compressor other wise it would overheat..
if you look at it like that it makes sense..
Designs are usually for a reason..

Hello guys, today I had a look at a couple of osborne upright single door wine/bottle coolers with the condensers at low level on the front (exposed). The condenser looked fairly clean from the front but when I pulled the guts out from round the back to change the fan motor, the inner side of the condenser was chock a block with dust so the fan was blowing out towards the front through the coil. I thought these were supposed to pull through the coil from the front rather than blow through from the back, or am I being silly? I put the new motor in and it did exactly the same, looked at the other fridge and that did the same as well.
Am I being silly or is it the way they designed the upright ones?

Andy

Andy W
26-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Common for an Osborne.