PDA

View Full Version : Temperzone. Good/Bad?

MadMax
14-11-2007, 03:42 AM
This is probably a question more for Aussies & Kiwi's; but what is everyones thoughts on Temperzone equipment?

They make an absolute killing in australia. Is the product just that good?

Tesla
14-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Hi MadMax
Yes in a simple answer. I've worked in NZ + Ausi, and they are well suited to thier application. Simple and easy to install or service - in saying that it has been a few year since I worked on one. The price and availability of water cooled cieling units was competative. Don't forget last I heard they were still manufacturing locally and the profits stay in the country unlike american suppliers.

paul_h
14-11-2007, 10:23 AM
We use them pretty much exclusively for commercial installs.
Pretty reliable, but the most important reason is parts readily available. We don't use mainstream asian made units because often we have to wait for parts, advice and repair manuals for them.
Those other brands are fine for domestic, but not fine for commercial units needing to run 24/7.

MikeA
14-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi Madmax, I used to install mainly Temperzone gear on large installs as they were able to meet the required specifications and modify the units according to both install and maintenance engineers requirements. I had 12 years experience with their gear and it only improved each year. As the others have mentioned easy parts access and good clear operating instructions.

Enjoy

John Hunter
14-11-2007, 09:41 PM
I agree with all above. Temperzone equipment is well regarded here in NZ . Spare parts and technical assistance is in most cases a phone call away. For aircon they are virtually a one stop shop.

MadMax
06-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the info guys, Temperzone just offered me a job in Melbourne & i took it.

chillin out
07-12-2007, 12:45 AM
Congrats, you will now be able to answer your own question with some inside knowledge now...lol

Good luck in your new job.

Chillin:):)

750 Valve
07-12-2007, 12:32 PM
I found there units to be pretty darn good but had an instance where their warranty service was very poor. RV stuck and was bleeding HP to comp and unit not reaching temp (running 550kpa suction all day everyday) - looked at it for a friend, told them to call whoever installed it as I had no recourse with temperzone - just a friend of the owner - turned out to be under warranty, installer called temperzone - TZ sent guy out who claimed unit was fine... my arse it was, it went back and forth for a while, temperzone backed their tech and wouldn't front when installer or myself were present - they never could keep to a committed time. Installer ended up replacing it and customer paid for it. Needless to say installer doesn't use TZ anymore. Not good in my book, everyone makes mistakes - only a good fridgy will admit it and learn from it.

TAKEitEASY
01-02-2010, 11:51 AM
I've been in Aus working as a tech for 8 months now and the company i work for seems to spec TZ on most of their installs. This is good for the service dept as we seem to be replacing faulty parts constantly!! As i'm in Perth we have problems with getting parts and technical due to time difference etc. I used to work solely on Daikin VRV 2 and 3 pipe and i can't understand why there isn't more of it out here?

We've been working on a site recently with around 30 tz package units. 90% of the units on r407c were overcharged from factory, the ones we have on r410a were mainly undercharged. We also have a site with the water cooled HWP units and they're proving to be a nightmare...

I'm trying not to slate them too much but i seem to spend my days fixing faults on tz constantly!! I hear they're quite cheap though but i'd say spend the money on apac instead...

iceman007
05-02-2010, 09:00 AM
I've been in Aus working as a tech for 8 months now and the company i work for seems to spec TZ on most of their installs. This is good for the service dept as we seem to be replacing faulty parts constantly!! As i'm in Perth we have problems with getting parts and technical due to time difference etc. I used to work solely on Daikin VRV 2 and 3 pipe and i can't understand why there isn't more of it out here?

We've been working on a site recently with around 30 tz package units. 90% of the units on r407c were overcharged from factory, the ones we have on r410a were mainly undercharged. We also have a site with the water cooled HWP units and they're proving to be a nightmare...

I'm trying not to slate them too much but i seem to spend my days fixing faults on tz constantly!! I hear they're quite cheap though but i'd say spend the money on apac instead...

You can't spend the money on APAC because they shut down and are not available, which is another reason that Temperzone are everywhere.

TAKEitEASY
05-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Thats news to me mate I thought maybe they were just part of carrier now?

iceman007
06-02-2010, 12:30 AM
They were part of Carrier, but UTC closed it up and shut down the factory last year.