PDA

View Full Version : Vintage soda machine refrigeration wiring

USMCVet
05-11-2007, 02:35 AM
Does this look familiar to anyone ? I need to know where these wires go.These wires are coming out the side of the compressor.

cameron.e
05-11-2007, 05:14 PM
hi bud is it not an internal overload

USMCVet
05-11-2007, 10:32 PM
I guess that is what it is. Any ideas about the wiring ?

Brian_UK
05-11-2007, 11:34 PM
There appears to be another terminal which does not have a wire on it at the moment.

It looks like the compressor main electrical motor connectors but should have three wires.

USMCVet
05-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Here is a schematic. Can someone explain where these wires go according to this schematic.

USMCVet
06-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Should be able to read this one.

The Viking
06-11-2007, 12:44 AM
You got a Common, a start and a run terminal there (C+S+R)

First you have to find out which one is which, to do that you need to get your Ohm meeter out.

The resistance between S and R will be the total of S-C + R-C.
So if you would get 2 Ohm between pin 1 and 2, 3 Ohm between 2 and 3, 5 Ohm between 1 and 3, then 2 would be your Common or Live terminal.
Half way there....
The pin with the least resistance to pin 2 would be the start winding, feed via a start capacitor or relay (ie. pin 1 in my example).
The pin with the highest resistance to pin 2 would be the run winding connected straight to Neutral (ie. 3 in my example).

good luck,

jack_lizhaoyang
06-11-2007, 04:23 PM
You got a Common, a start and a run terminal there (C+S+R)

The pin with the least resistance to pin 2 would be the start winding, feed via a start capacitor or relay (ie. pin 1 in my example).
The pin with the highest resistance to pin 2 would be the run winding connected straight to Neutral (ie. 3 in my example).

Hi Viking

I think the least resistance is the running winding and the higher one is the starting winding.
will double check on a compressor tomorrow

Regards,
Jack

jack_lizhaoyang
11-11-2007, 04:38 PM
confirmed i am right

Peter_1
11-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Hi Viking

I think the least resistance is the running winding and the higher one is the starting winding.
will double check on a compressor tomorrow

Regards,
Jack
This correct,start winding consists of many small wires, so big resistance. Main winding is less wires and bigger wires, so less resistance.