PDA

View Full Version : CPC case controller

dingo
24-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Has anyone had a sensor short on all temp probes for the cpc control?
Whenever i reset the controller, all probes work normally again and give correct readings.
Should the probes be replaced or is the case controller the problem?
cheers!

Frudge it
01-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Hi Dingo ,
Have you considered - checking the standard CPC sensor : spec temp range - Ie Lower Temp Point - to - Upper Temp Point.If these low/high temp values are exceeded on a sensor input, most controllers are prorammed to show " ERROR " or "Fault".If any of yr sensors are near the valid sensor range spec limits - it is most likely to be the one giving grief & effecting operations.Alternatively - if someone has programmed in a setpoint even a dummy data point that exceeds the spec sensor range limits - the controller has probably been programmed to self protect by fault logic.Check the setpoint data along these lines along with standard fault checking for sensor wiring connections , screening & draining of Cabling , and how close the sensor cabling is to mains power cabling - I'd suggest up to 100 A or more mains cable power would provide some inductance problems on the sensor inputs.Hope it helps...

wineman
01-11-2007, 08:29 PM
the answer above is overelaborate doesnt matter how complicated the job looks most faults r not complicated elimiminate the controller by fitting new probes if fault reoccurs its the controller keep it simple

750 Valve
02-11-2007, 11:42 AM
the answer above is overelaborate doesnt matter how complicated the job looks most faults r not complicated elimiminate the controller by fitting new probes if fault reoccurs its the controller keep it simple

wineman its not always that simple, yes - start with all the simple things first but cpc (reflecs series) are pretty notorious for induced voltage issues. You can throw probes and ccb's at these probs all day and all it will get you is a headache and 1 less customer.

dingo contact cpc, they will help you out. The problem is that an induced voltage builds in the CCB's low voltage/sensor circuiting - there are heaps of reasons for this, hi voltage wiring near by, sensors/ cables short to earth, etc are all the easy ones. There is a set of bleed resistors that can be fitted between the probes and the ccb, when a dc voltage builds on any of the sensor cables it is discharged to earth thru the resistors. We have a few stores in oz that suffer from induced voltage, usually in dryer climates where the ccb's are underneath the cases and sitting on vinyl floor, in this case a static charge builds up and freaks them out.
If you move them to the top of the cases we have found this will help to reduce the shorts as well.

Also look on the bright side... until its fixed, ea$y callout$

wineman
02-11-2007, 08:14 PM
your missing the point the controller as worked for a specific period of time so unless things have changed your looking at my CORRECT diagnosis

Frudge it
02-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Hi Wineman ,
"Correct Diagnosis ?".Change the probes to validate a controller fault , then change the controller ?If I'm correct : 1+1=2 ,and thats 2 service calls ,Do your customers accept repeat charges on recurring faults ?.Correct Diagnosis would be that , that is sufficent to repair first time & get paid while keeping a happy customer , not to mention avoiding insurance claim forms that have to be filled out for the customers lost stock...
[Correct diagnosis is that needed to get paid for your work]

750 Valve
03-11-2007, 02:04 AM
Wineman how do you know it worked ok at all? He never mentioned this, maybe you know something I don't. But to me a probe is a VERY simple device and very easy to diagnose faulty. I have found those that wander aimlessly changing part after part hoping they have fixed it really don't take the time to sit down and think logically about the fault, sometimes they are overawed by electronics and computers, but, like you mentioned, eliminate do the basics first - they all work on the same principles be they electric or electronic.

wineman
04-11-2007, 10:48 PM
hey i am sat on my yaucht in spain retired at 43 not badf eh and i didnt do it on repeat calls cheers frudge it

andyrobbo
21-11-2007, 01:58 PM
just rip the cpc out and install microm from CBD in cairns mate it will work better and we will be able to get more parts.

750 Valve
27-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey Pugsley!!! microm sux and you know it mate!

Hows life up north and are you still working for the same place as you were down south? If you are still dealing with microm then I reckon so

hey wineman - retired to spain at 43... take the money and run hey, thats how to fix em mate

Controlguy
08-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Unless the whole store got to 100 deg c doesnt sound like bad sensors to me,you may some bad cabling issues as 750 has pointed out , EMF or a damaged cable even a crap case xfomer.check your error resets if it has that feature , then get hold of LON analyiser to check for errors on the network. Have you tried changing the controller if this is the only one playing up ?