Quote Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
Tuning up is improving set points and operating strategies. Set points are condensing pressure, suction pressure, frequency of defrosting and etc. These settings should be changed from time to time. Operating strategies are compressors' sequence and condensers' sequence.
Lana have mentioned about design conditions. Unfortunately, no system operates at design conditions - they merely cross them at times.

How's that. I'm getting so good that I can introduce spelling mistakes into your words. Of course, its tuning. Just my fingures getting ahead of me.

...The serious part...

But you make it sound so easy. Just drop the condensing pressure and you get better performance.

Let's just look at that one. I reject heat at the condenser to ambient. But I, unfortunately, am not able to control ambient. And, I can't just increase the area of my condenser. So, I do the only thing available. Increase the flow rate...

Great, the head pressure drops and I have succeeded in making the plant better. Optimal? I don't know because I have no clue of where the optimum lies.

But here is a kicker for you. What if the pumping power was greater that the gain in performance? Then I'm actually making the whole system worse!!