Glass Condensation

I have a project that I'll be looking at in Aust. They have a block of home units that gets massive condensation on the inside of the glass and this leads to mould issues.

Im thinking double glazing.

This problem is surely not unique. What do other countries do where it is very cold outside and warm inside (due to heating) to stop condensation on external glass faces?
    Last edited by Futsal1st; 11-09-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Re: Glass Condensation

You already said the solution...

Re: Glass Condensation

Quote Originally Posted by Futsal1st View Post
    I have a project that I'll be looking at in Aust. They have a block of home units that gets massive condensation on the inside of the glass and this leads to mould issues.

Im thinking double glazing.

This problem is surely not unique. What do other countries do where it is very cold outside and warm inside (due to heating) to stop condensation on external glass faces?
    Just be aware that if the property is so damp that condensation forms on the window,
    the property will contain the same amount of moisture with the double glazing
    and if there are any cold spots on the walls, floor or ceiling then condensation
    will form there.

Double glazing is good but you still need to refresh the air in the building.

Maybe consider heat recovery, combined with double glazing and possibly
    de-humidification.

Regards

Rob

.. ... -. .----. - / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -..