Hybrid View

Re: How to assign thermodynamic properties after splitting two phase into gas and liq

Quote Originally Posted by chillerman2006 View Post

(other than that I am lost for what your trying to acheive)

R's chillerman
    So I split the gas and liquid but what h and s values are then given to each seperate flow. In a simple example lets have the evap at 1 bar and x=0.3
    The gas/liquid is at h=231 and s=1.13 but now rip away the gas and suddenly it has a value of h=384 and an s=1.75 but we have not done anything except seperate the flows and we see a huge change in properties?

This means the gas/liquid together has one set of properties but when seperated they both have differant set of properties. What are the rules for reassigning the properties to each of the seperate streams.

Simply I want to know where to plot the 2 seperate streams on a PH diagram.

Chef

install monkey - seems Jeeves is way up to speed on this topic eh!

Re: How to assign thermodynamic properties after splitting two phase into gas and liq

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    So I split the gas and liquid but what h and s values are then given to each seperate flow. In a simple example lets have the evap at 1 bar and x=0.3
    The gas/liquid is at h=231 and s=1.13 but now rip away the gas and suddenly it has a value of h=384 and an s=1.75 but we have not done anything except seperate the flows and we see a huge change in properties?

This means the gas/liquid together has one set of properties but when seperated they both have differant set of properties. What are the rules for reassigning the properties to each of the seperate streams.

Simply I want to know where to plot the 2 seperate streams on a PH diagram.

Chef
    chef

I am struggling here with what you mean & what your trying to achieve

As far as plotting the cycle on a chart, your vapour is to the right, your saturated vapour is in the middle & the liquid is to the left

but I cant see how this can be plotted without combining temperatures with pressure or why you would want to do this