Hello US Iceman, Yes we are going for a 28 degree fluid temp. The fluid is recirculated between the chiller and storage tank until the chilled fluid is called for from the process tanks. At that point the circuit works like this. Process tank to chiller to storage tank.

On a side note the turbo chiller does a good job of keeping up with the demand as we had this shut down over easter weekend for three days and it took one hour to pull the storage tank water from 60 degrees to 33 degrees, i was impressed!

Our evaporating psig has been 42 we are running at around 31.8 degrees. So far we have added 1040 gallons of 40% glycol with about the same amount of freezing on the coil.

I have not talked to Turbo, Although that may not be a bad idea! We are trying to increase capacity in this experiment. And the reason i ask this question is that if it is going to take 5000 gallons of glycol to 44,000 gallons of water it may not be worth the effort!

Is there a chart that i could use to determine the ratio to lower the freezing point of water by 4 degrees?