Hybrid View

Re: f-gas exam questions

Quote Originally Posted by spimps View Post
    Did mine last September,the companies running the courses and exams don't want you to fail so they do good preparatory work so you are ready for the exam.
    Tip1.when you do the 45 (i think) multiple choice questions you have the course book which has all the relevant technical stuff in which you can consult.
    2 Keep a list of all the answers ie a b c or d and then if you get any wrong you know what your origional answer was,they give you a clean answer sheet for you to correct mistakes on.
    I got two wrong and couldn't beleive the stupid answers I went with first time.
    Gen up on the mollier diagrams before and it will be easy.
    Practical is no problem.

Simps it sounds like you did the CITB version.

The C&G one is closed book on a computer.

You will never get the same question in the same order and then the answers change places as well.

So taking notes in a C&G exams is pointless.

Cheers taz

Hi Guys,
    Passed my F-Gas yesterday did a 2 day C & G course, day 1 was spent doing the practical, day 2 the exam, could have been condensed into 1 day. i wouldn't say it was difficult, however you will need to swat up on GWP of refrigerants, 22, 134a, 407c, 404a, 410a. pressure enthalpy diagrams is a must, only conditions around the cycle, not really plotting out systems or working out COP. i did get about 4 of the sample questions on the C & G website. working out the percentages i think i got about 5 wrong out of 40,so i'm happy. the practical was pretty straight forward reclaim gas, replace a length of pipe, pressure test in accordance with BSEN 378, regas and make any adjustments necessary, the whole test is pretty technical and straight forward and if you are competant you should have no problems passing. hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by taz24 View Post
    Simps it sounds like you did the CITB version.

The C&G one is closed book on a computer.

You will never get the same question in the same order and then the answers change places as well.

So taking notes in a C&G exams is pointless.

Cheers taz

Yes i did,there were ten of us sitting it and we all got different questions,as I said you get a second chance,if you fail that there is an interview during which they seek to ensure you have the underpinning knowledge.
    One guy who was working for a major company did struggle and went right through the process,very good on the practical he got there in the end though.
    Pretty hot(exscuse the punn) on the brazing test.
    Did mine with Business edge.