Hybrid View

Re: Defrosting of NH3 evaporators

Quote Originally Posted by US Iceman View Post
    And I always thought it was because they had such a difficult time making a hot gas defrost system work and still remain cheap!
    Well that and the constant repair to the suction and discharge solenoid valves. For some reason they did not enjoy going from -35c to +40c in 5 secs. Also while I'm on the subject why did they design packs with mag valves positioned in imposible places to repair and work on them

Cheers taz.

Hi, Taz24

Quote Originally Posted by taz24 View Post
    Well that and the constant repair to the suction and discharge solenoid valves. For some reason they did not enjoy going from -35c to +40c in 5 secs. Also while I'm on the subject why did they design packs with mag valves positioned in imposible places to repair and work on them

Cheers taz.
    Answer is very simple, because they did not think about repairing. Many unit's design/construction engineers never ever were in position to do (see) some impossible maintenance on their units and try to improve that.

There is nobody to listen feedback from site. It seems common problem all around the world

Chief of unit assembling department must be an outfield engineer with lot of experience regarding service works/problems.

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Josip View Post
    Hi, Taz24

Answer is very simple, because they did not think about repairing. Many unit's design/construction engineers never ever were in position to do (see) some impossible maintenance on their units and try to improve that.

There is nobody to listen feedback from site. It seems common problem all around the world

Chief of unit assembling department must be an outfield engineer with lot of experience regarding service works/problems.

Best regards, Josip

Sometimes on could think they do it on purpose

I bet they have a website much like this where they share stories of how they, after much thinking and responses from others finally managed to put a critical component in the most unaccesible place on a compact unit

some of their posts probbably start like this:

""Oh man, you guys are gonna loooove this ........ You need to be double jointed and have really really small hands to reach it, I'm talking baby hands lol....... will post pictures tomorrow....... oh and as always, I'll post all "product improvement" suggestions I get here, so you'll have something to laugh over""

-Cheers-

Tycho

Quote Originally Posted by Josip
    Exactly right. There is huge disconnect between the field people and the designers. This is usually where the service department becomes involved as a warranty claim.

It's not the service guys who are at fault. It's the designers who have never had to work on the stuff they design.

If the designers (and the salesman) did their job better by asking more questions, there would be less work for the poor guys who have to work on the equipment.

As the process works now, it seems the problems become the issue for the next department... Sales, then designers, then fabrication, then startup, then warranty & service....then the customers!

It can work better, but everyone has to talk and listen to one another.

Yeh, you are right.

Designers ought to be made by law to work on the systems they design. Cost comes into as well I imagine. Smaller area and fewer components.

Oh well no point moaning eh I'll just dislocate my shoulders so I can work on this next valve

Cheers taz.